Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I was right...

If this becomes real regular, you can charge for your advice.

Seems to be the new business model. Pay good money for bad advice.

On a positive note: TMA was up nicely! (EFT too)

I bought some REIT meat (FRESX - bottom fishing) and an insurance fund (FSPCX) today.

FRESX down to where it was in 2qtr. 1004. Any sign it has bottomed?

Looks like another dead cat bounce today.....

I was right... Will 12,500 be a bottom? If not, then katie bar the door....

Dow closed ar 12,501 today. Tomorrow's the day. Might be time to put on the cast iron undies.....

I bought some REIT meat (FRESX - bottom fishing) and an insurance fund (FSPCX) today.

1004 was way before the US Stock market - but there was real estate back then! No sign at all that it has bottomed, just that it's holdings have been overly hammered and regardless of world events my portfolio needed some real estate. Ditto on the FSPCX, plus people do turn to insurance companies in odd times. My way of easing into some financials.

1004 was way before the US Stock market - but there was real estate back then! No sign at all that it has bottomed, just that it's holdings have been overly hammered and regardless of world events my portfolio needed some real estate. Ditto on the FSPCX, plus people do turn to insurance companies in odd times. My way of easing into some financials.

Rats! Meant to type 2004... But you knew that....
grin2.gif

I've had 95% of my 401K in a stable value fund since October and I am dying to get back in...but I haven't been able to get myself to pull the trigger (glad for that, now).

It's got to be getting close to time to jump in, right??? Or would you guys wait?

I'm thinking maybe I'll start nibbling...maybe 20% tomorrow, into FDIVX.

Whatcha think?

Tim

Last edited:
Don't be in a hurry. We're not done yet. Stay defensive for several weeks, at least. I was going to pull the trigger on a swap trade this week, But I've decided to wait. Pable is the smart one. He keeps enough cash to cherry pick bargains..

Before you buy anything, go chart the DJI for the last 13 months and tell me what you see.

On Jan. 12th. it crossed 12,500.
On Mar. 12th. it was back below 12,000.
In early Apr. it was back above 12,500.
Went over 14,000 in early Oct. Been on a down hill slide since.
Hit 12,501 on Jan. 09.
Closed below 12,160 today and it is still going down.
I expect it to go below 12,000 tomorrow.

At this point, I can't see the bottom.

My portfolio took a serious hit 4th. qtr. because I wasn't defensive enough.

Be careful..

Not THAT smart. I'm almost as itchy as that guy that had the gun in his trousers and about twice as glad to buy.

Anyway, I bought a chunk of FDFFX.

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=FDFFX

And that's what I have been doing is just taking small bites. But that's it for awhile. Let's ride this humper for awhile. I rode 1987, and few medium bear markets, then 2001-2002 and now late 2007 into 2008.

Here's the statistical deal. Since 1950, bull markets run longer than bear markets. I will soon up my 401K to 22%, thus putting my money where my mouth is, or something like that.

My holdings are all defensive, but Im buying into S&P 500 heavily in the retirement account.. FWIW. If I see a significant drop Ill likely go strong back in, not trying to really time anything, but expecting a bottom at 11000.

If we blow downward through 12k tomorrow, Ill have done right... If things start to stagnate (low volume today, am I missing something???), then who knows what the right entry point will be, Ill just be looking for yield as best as I can.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back