Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what will happen but with out cheap money everything could crash.
Yes; that's why Fed rate changes happen slowly over time. It is always a tightrope.
I believe as the supply chain stoppages continue to be resolved and therefore products become more affordable, inflation will temper.
There is no simple solution.

Don't know what will happen but with out cheap money everything could crash.
The Fed has not been very effective using the interest rate tool. First, the Fed is heavily influenced by politics. Second, it has a secondary objective to maintain employment. Third, the Fed can only really have an effect on short term interest rates. Ideally, the Fed should keep inflation at bay. In real life, the present inflation shows it cannot.

14% dividend is a warning sign! Either the stock is Very undervalued and price should appreciate noticeably, or the dividend is unsustainable. I'll have to research it's dividend history sometime.

There are alot of stats that look really good, but I see a potential deal breaker. The good, 80% is owned between insiders and institutions, ROA,ROE,ROI, and all margins are good! Moving Averages Good, PE's silly low! This year EPS=Fantastic! Next year EPS= Deal Breaker! EPS Next 5 year= Deal Breaker, Dividend not sustainable, or so it looks. No EPS or sales for past 5 years. ? New Co.? Hard Pass "Next"
Good Point

Good Point

I try to grow out my hair to cover it so it won't show! lol... Just trying to point out something don't add up there, I did not look at it's chart yet, maybe I will. I often times really like a stock, but will not buy it based on it's chart alone. I will buy a stock for a trade based on 5/13 day, 50/200 day wedge formations that show they will most likely continue to breakout to the upside for a little while, but I trade often.

===================================================================

"What to look for before buying, and do 1 hour of research per week if you want to own individual stock"
---This is one reason to own ETF's if you do not or cannot do the homework---

"Reading the Co's latest statement, it's a Very Seasoned Company est. 1934, Israel based. And has been upgrading their fleet to transport LNG, So who knows!" They make it known that they do not forecast future earnings expectations, so that's hard for investors to like. The chart is rolling over, I would not buy it now based on the chart alone.

ZIM Provides Update on Operational Cooperation Agreement with the 2M Partners
8:45 AM ET 1/27/22 | Dow Jones

The Parties Have agreed to Extend their Existing Collaboration on the Asia - USEC and Asia - USGC Trades

HAIFA, Israel, Jan. 27, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd. (NYSE: ZIM) updated today on the status of its discussions with its 2M alliance partners in connection with their operational cooperation agreement.

ZIM and the 2M alliance partners have agreed, in principle, to extend their existing operational collaboration agreement on the Asia -- US East Coast and Asia -- US Gulf Coast trades based on a full slot exchange and vessel sharing agreement (subject to finalizing the related documentation and to regulatory approval). The new agreement is expected to be concluded by the beginning of February 2022 and become effective on April 1, 2022.

In addition, ZIM will launch ZIM Med Pacific (ZMP), an independent pendulum service designed to address its customers' needs on the Asia to Mediterranean and Pacific North-West (PNW) trades, and the current collaboration with the 2M partners on these trades will be terminated (effective April 1, 2022).

Eli Glickman, ZIM President & CEO, stated: "Over the past several months, we have secured the necessary short- and long-term capacity to allow us to meet growing demand and competitively serve our customers, particularly on the various transpacific routes, a key trade for ZIM. We are pleased to continue our collaboration with the 2M partners on the Asia to USEC and USGC trades and to launch a new, independent pendulum service to connect the Far East with the Mediterranean and the PNW. The combined new operational mode, will allow for better operational agility and provide fast and synchronized connections to ZIM's regional networks in the Mediterranean, Asia and the Pacific to provide our customers the variety and level of service to best serve their needs."

Glickman added: "In recent years, we have strengthened our capabilities, revolutionizing our service offerings and digitalized tools to enhance our commercial opportunities and transform ZIM into an industry leader.

(((***Capitalizing on our improved financial position, we have also advanced our operational capabilities, boosted our capacity and secured access to state-of-the-art LNG container vessels.***)))

With this commercial and operational transformation, driven by our innovative spirit, we are confident that ZIM is well-positioned to realize its mission of delivering innovative shipping services to its customers to successfully compete in the market, and deliver superior returns to shareholders."

About ZIM

ZIM is a global, container liner shipping company with leadership positions in the markets where it operates. Founded in Israel in 1945, ZIM is one of the oldest shipping liners, with over 76 years of experience, providing customers with innovative seaborne transportation and logistics services with a reputation for industry leading transit times, schedule reliability and service excellence.

ZIM Forward Looking Statements

This release contains certain forward-looking statements (as such term is defined in Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended) concerning future events, including forward-looking statements regarding ZIM's ability to meet growing market demand and to provide reliable service to customers, as well as assessment as to the growth trend of the market.

(((***These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: the possibility that ZIM will not be able to meet demand from customers, the risk that the growth trend of the market will not continue or be slower than expected, and other factors detailed from time to time in ZIM's periodic reports and filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including ZIM's annual report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC on March 22, 2021. ZIM expressly disclaims any obligation to update or revise any of these forward-looking statements, whether because of future events, new information, a change in its views or expectations, or otherwise. ZIM does not make any prediction or statement about the performance of its securities.***)))

Logo - https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1458457/ZIM_Logo.jpg

ZIM Contacts
Media:Avner Shats
ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd.
+972-4-8652520
[email protected]
Investor Relations: Elana Holzman
ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd.
+972-4-865-2300
[email protected]
Leon Berman
The IGB Group
+1-212-477-8438
[email protected]
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...agreement-with-the-2m-partners-301469735.html
SOURCE ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd.
> Dow Jones Newswires
January 27, 2022 08:45 ET (13:45 GMT)

Which REITs do you have ?

I had REITs in the past before I sold all of them and bought technology ETF a few years ago.

Warstud,
I learned my lesson NOT to chase high dividend paying stocks, some are OK and others are a trap.

I don't own any RIET's, but 2 I would recommend, AGNC Investment Corp REIT, 9.81% yield, Sabra Health Care REIT, 9.01% yield. I do own 2 high yield Corp bonds bought in 2001,2000. 1 is Ford M.C. pay's 9.3% matures in 2030, but you won't find any bonds like that nowadays!

Sabra owns retirement homes, it's not really a health care stock.

You have probably done better in Tech the past 2 years! Tech, some Tech is far from over, it's just taking a little break for now unless SHTF, I'm not talking about interest rates either.

Nvidia is a dual play, they have the top tier A.I. besides their well known Techy stuff we have all known them for.

One pipeline stock that would not meet your criteria (dividend cut in half a bit over a year ago, previous bad management) is Energy Transfer, ET. Does the replacement of its CEO and very recent dividend increase indicate another look at this stock is warranted, or would you stick with tried and true EPD?

I have never heard of the Corporation. A person willing to, or should I say wanting to invest in that stock would have to do alot of due diligence to warrant investing in such a company, because the incoming CEO's track record is unknown. Can said CEO fix, or turn around whatever the problems where? It's best to stick with a known company that has a long track record, or as you stated, tried a true which describes EPD to the tee!

EPD has a project in process for deep water offloading pipelines for tanker ships offshore in Texas for 26 or 29 terminals, aside from their major pipeline and tanker storage facilities. PSXP would be another deep water offloading pipeline co. with tanker storage facilities and major pipeline infrastructures based in Texas.

I don't own any RIET's, but 2 I would recommend, AGNC Investment Corp REIT, 9.81% yield, Sabra Health Care REIT, 9.01% yield. I do own 2 high yield Corp bonds bought in 2001,2000. 1 is Ford M.C. pay's 9.3% matures in 2030, but you won't find any bonds like that nowadays!

Sabra owns retirement homes, it's not really a health care stock.

You have probably done better in Tech the past 2 years! Tech, some Tech is far from over, it's just taking a little break for now unless SHTF, I'm not talking about interest rates either.

Nvidia is a dual play, they have the top tier A.I. besides their well known Techy stuff we have all known them for.

I was lucky to realize tech is would be a very big driver in the way our markets react, similar to Pavlov’s dogs. There’s a reason why Apple is worth $3T trillion. When I saw people lining up like zombies at Apple store to buy new iPhones, I knew I had to ride this wave. Amazon had very profitable AWS and advertising business. Tesla was very innovative and Elon is like P.T. Barnum. I didn’t buy Facebook but I was aware millions of people worldwide just had to put all their personal information for their family, friends, coworkers, acquaintances, enemies, ex lovers, ex bosses, ex coworkers, etc…. to read and keep them informed of their egotistical phony life.

I focused on technology ETF, leveraged technology ETF and bought Amazon, Apple, Tesla shares.
There was a time in which 70% of my portfolio was technology and 100% of IRA was Amazon stock. LOL

I knew it was crazy since I lost money in the 2000 dot com bubble…... but the voices in my head kept telling me to focus on technology, not old crusty has-been companies from the past (GE, Boeing, Coca Cola, Dow Chemical, Exxon, Intel, IBM, Ford, etc….).

This time it was different and I was fortunate to make money and get out. I’m now 90% cash and really don’t follow the market like I used to.

Last edited:
Good Point

Warstud, I must recant my previous call on "ZIM". First, I must have been in a hurry because I was doing research on this company, then answering some other Q' for some other's and wanted to give my best choices for RIET's, ect. and then Pipeline stocks.

I put ZIM on 1 of my watch list's and checked it this morning at 10am. It was up 3.5% to $70.+ I must have only looked at the 1 day chart, my bad, I thought I looked at all charts, 1 day, 5, 10, 1 mo, 3 mo, 6 mo, 1y, 2y, 5y, and 10y. I did today! The 1 day chart I looked at showed ZIM pulled back at the end of day Friday by 2 or 3 dollars, big deal! NON issue!

ZIM's Chart is the BEST chart I think I have ever seen, perfect staircase, lower left, upper right, short term, mid, and long term. The only chart I've seen that comes anywhere near is long term triple Q's! "QQQ"

The stock is well worth doing more homework on to figure out the new lease situation and how many new ships they have acquired under their new lease situation. Also, how many ships/vessels that transport LNG, how much they can transport, and where that LNG is being shipped to, and if they have a lengthy contract in place to deliver said LNG since it seems to be a HOT commodity as of late! I think you have found a very good one here, congrats!

I focused on technology ETF, leveraged technology ETF and bought Amazon, Apple, Tesla shares.
There was a time in which 70% of my portfolio was technology and 100% of IRA was Amazon stock. LOL

I knew it was crazy since I lost money in the 2000 dot com bubble…... but the voices in my head kept telling me to focus on technology, not old crusty has-been companies from the past (GE, Boeing, Coca Cola, Dow Chemical, Exxon, Intel, IBM, Ford, etc….).

This time it was different and I was fortunate to make money and get out. I’m now 90% cash and really don’t follow the market like I used to.

You seemed to do alright for an unconventional allocation. Sooner or later your going to have to figure out what to do with that cash, because it is decaying as we speak! I'm sitting on about 40% cash.

I think everyone got bit in the butt in y2k, at least everyone I know did. I owned the dogs of the Dow back that year with a portion, 100K, included Micron, and a few other tech's, plus a few Gold stock that I used to trade from about 1994. Did well on the Gold stocks, stopped trading them around 2007/08 when I retired "Young", I traded "FCX" after that and did well!

In 2010 I bought my first block/tier/traunch of Apple and I never got to buy my 2n,3rd, or 4th position. That $2715.00 turned into $42,500.00 when I sold it last year to settle out gains and losses. Since I keep buying it back on dips, but I keep selling it every time I have 15% profit or so, and the market shows weakness like it did just a few weeks ago. It snaped back quick this time! I did not get a chance to buy it back=;( There will be a retest soon!

Fellow BITOGers. In order to provide a more relevant and current discussion on this topic, we are locking this thread.

It’s too epic to delete, so, it’s just a lock.

Please visit the new thread for continuing discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back