Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
Well, there are many ways to skin a cat and his strategy is certainly one of them. Another way is to buy bear ETFs rather than your standard equities. For instance, if you would have bought SKF on Monday at $97, on Friday you could have sold it for nearly $113. Recessions are very easy to predict.....a [censored] of a lot easier than predicting what individual stocks will do. From August to December, there were plenty of warning signs about the impending recession so buying these inverse ETFs were your slam dunk for this last quarter.

I'm in Prudent Bear as of late December; already up over 5% YTD for 08.

Last edited:
I'm getting killed, my primarily value based blue chips are even feeling it. I'm even *gulp* thinking about taking 40-50% out of the market and putting it into cash instruments. Last time I had the same feeling the market bumped up 4% in a month, maybe I'll try to ride it out again.....

Sold SBUX for a nice ST gain.

My brokerage portfolio was very steady. I bought two ETF's.

My mutual funds got hammered, bad. My buy finger is getting itchy.

I'm not going anywhere.

what two ETFs??? more of the div paying stuff, working those cycles, or something more interesting?

JMH

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
I'm getting killed, my primarily value based blue chips are even feeling it. I'm even *gulp* thinking about taking 40-50% out of the market and putting it into cash instruments. Last time I had the same feeling the market bumped up 4% in a month, maybe I'll try to ride it out again.....

don;t sell on the low. that way you are just guaranteed to lose.

Hi crinkles.

Another Ausie..
welcome2.gif

Good advice bty..

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Warning - these are losers: DGS and IRO

JHZR2 (and OMPG) - not trying to be dramatic but these two are long termers. I only own a few hundred shares of each - I didn't want the new guys to think they are instant paths to riches.

I bought a few shares of IRO some time back when I had freed up some bucks, and have seen what a looser it is...

That said, it is nearly impossible to get any real information on it. Go to ETF connect, yahoo finance, etc., and youll get info on a lot of ETFs, but there is minimal stuff on IRO.

I like the concept, and may buy in the future, but as for now I just sit on 50 or so shares because I dont have a need to take a loss, and as I said, I like the concept...

Ill have to look up DGS, dont think that is one Iver ever studied.

Took a bad hit on PZE today. Have had it a while, since Sept. or so... Im just going to sit on it... I bought it because I figure it is a good way to play Latin America and long-term energy price increases in one security... Maybe Im just off... Two downgrades dont bother me much though... apparently there was some Cramer-mania that has caused some of the goings on, whatever. I see it is a good long timer, but I think its still too high to buy more. Itll need to dip back a bit more to be a good buy.

JMH

edit... looked at DGS. Looks like an interesting concept and area to potentially invest, as small business out to sprout like it does here. While the established big buck and durable goods will cause the big established players to grow, I can see the small ones as being profitable, assuming successful sustained growth in some of these key emergers.

Dont knw if/when Ill be able to research it more, but it might be an interesting buy at some point; have to determine the value proposition... Thanks for the name!

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back