Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I almost bought more FNI this morning but this ETF has burned me in the past so I was gun-shy.

Neikkei and hte Aussie indices kicking butt right now. What's interesting is that all three U.S. index futures are all still red.

Looks like the European Central Bank gave the U.S. Fed the finger by announcing that they will not be lowering interest rates and that they will stick to their mandate which is to combat inflation.

Euro markets are tumbling and U.S. Futures are down. For those of you who thought you missed your buying opportunity yesterday, you'll get another chance today (not that I am recommending that you should :))

Originally Posted By: msparks
did some buying as well,

mcqrf and bckbf both are pfnewsletter picks that I liked just increased my positions in both.

How wrong has PF been - wow - for them to have a letter dedicated to copping a plea, well at least they are honest. They put a WATCH on some of my favs.....interesting.

Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
For those of you who thought you missed your buying opportunity yesterday, you'll get another chance today (not that I am recommending that you should :))

Might work out.

As I mentioned on another thread >>>>> http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1065182#Post1065182

"We might be very near a s/t low now, should set an IT low within a week or so."

Everything points to a low of some importance today or tomorrow, Friday at the latest. Right now I'm getting a bit nervous playing the short side but will follow my systems analysis.

Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
Looks like the European Central Bank gave the U.S. Fed the finger by announcing that they will not be lowering interest rates and that they will stick to their mandate which is to combat inflation.

Euro markets are tumbling and U.S. Futures are down. For those of you who thought you missed your buying opportunity yesterday, you'll get another chance today (not that I am recommending that you should :))

There's talk now that the ECB will cut rates tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
TMA Up $1.57. I may take some out.....wow!

Sold 500@$2+ Nice score.
banana2.gif

Sweet!

We may have actually seen a bottom. The market re-tested the low & came back from there. May go down again, but overall, it may be near the low.

I'm back in more.

If XLF pulls back, I'll buy some of that. Anyone else...??

Definitely a pleasant surprise today. But I'm still nervous because there is still a ton of uncertainty out there. Not only that, we've had three completely unpredictable policy shocks in the last two days that have bounced the market around like a pin ball. A .75 cut, followed by a firm "no-cut" declaration, followed by an announcement of a government bailout of bond insurers. The next question is what will the Fed do at their next meeting? If the market goes up the next few days, that reduces the likelihood of another sizeable cut so the market may dip again. If the markets tank again, then a big cut is more likely. I guess I'll be entering the market slowly and in small chunks.

But if this is indeed the start of a bull, there are going to be some serious double digit returns to offset the inflation that will be coming from all the rate cuts; i.e. another asset bubble.

This big news of this morning is that the government orchestrated bailout of bond insurers is far from a done deal. From the WSJ:

"A banker who attended the bailout discussions, between investment banks and New York Insurance Superintendent Eric Dinallo, said they were "very preliminary.""

Why should this matter? Because yesterday, the market recovered because they thought that the bond insurers were getting bailed out. Hence, the "default premium" that shocked financial stocks downward instantly disappeared because everyone thought the risk of any major bank's shares going to zero was eliminated. But if this deal falls through, that default premium will reappear again. So make small bets right now and not big bets until this deal is done.

Guys,

Check our Ebay. Capitulation just may have set in.
banana2.gif

Think about it..... If people are losing their jobs and/or want to payoff debt, then they may be selling things of value around the house, thus, more going on Ebay.....

whistle.gif

True, but it's just a snapshot in time. I lost mine.

People will most likely be trying to pay off their debts and a good way may be to sell their stuff on Ebay. I may be wrong. It'll take a while for that to be realized on their books anyway.

We should bookmark this date & time, then re-visit it in the upcoming weeks & months........

Now it's 25.80

Ouch. Sorry. BTDT. I just dislike the whole "talk ourselves into _________ economic conditions" - especially from the pop press.

Yeah let's watch eBay. How have earnings and earnings growth been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back