Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The length is what makes this a classic.

Ah, another good/great year. I did some trading today (Friday) on an otherwise dumpy day. But it was huge day for year end dividend pay-out so my graph will look good. I have the TV on CNBC and PC up (rare these days!) and I'm having a good time, though. I did beat all the domestic averages (up about 20% - finalized tomorrow AM), but I would have been better going all foreign!

Up 20.55%

Worst buy of the year? Shiningbank Energy Income - Canadian trust. Killed by the Canuck government. Turds. Still current yield is 18%.....until the government imposes full death by taxes.

Best were PFO, ELN, DSX, TMA, PHO, MINDX, FLVCX

Nice going, Pablo. Those were some good picks.

I had 18.8% cap appreciation. Captured dividends raised it some more.

Markets will be closed through Tuesday, leaving a short three day week. It'll be interesting to see how the new year starts out.....

Happy New Year all, and as Mr Spock said,
"Live long and prosper."
thumbsup.gif

The first part of the year will be a real loser. People are expecting too much good.

Another winner fund winner mentioned somewhere in the bowels of this thread was the Fidelity Intl RE fund. FIREX. What a killer year that had. I think I warned a guy to be weary of that fund (but I didn't sell mine). It was like one of the best funds of the year. Up near 43% for the year.

Not the best in the sector, but BGEIX gold fund was up 27%.

Lets see,

Dec 31st 2005 to Jan 1st 2007. Total gain was 17.47%
Some winners.
DCP 55%
FRP 63%
CVP 52%

Losers
BNA 6.7% (still own this one)
TMA 2.2% (still own this) Plus a 10% divedend
AAV sold
NAL sold
Tifuf sold
SBKEF sold.

Overall a good year for me. My portfolio was really helped by divedends and of coarse no one saw the Canadian governement coming with their crazy tax structure. Oh well.

Looking for 2008 and another good year.

Quote:

Hey TLR, is this the start of the pullback you requested?

Ha ha, that's a good one OMPG, I wish the market would indeed follow my requests.
tongue.gif

The chart indicators show us oversold after last week, so I think we'll get a short-term bounce, maybe starting Monday.

Longer term, who knows, although it looks like the S&P500 is starting to turn over.....if it does, and fear sets in, then look out below.....
hide.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back