Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold opened over $650 this morning. Does the falling $ have an effect on this, (and other commodities as well)? If so, how much??

Just trying to learn more about how and why markets do what they do....

Quote:

Does the falling $ have an effect on this, (and other commodities as well)? If so, how much??

I have watched gold/currency for several years and have participated in both. Gold does not always move in the direction of the market. Neither does the dollar move with either. I usually follow the EURO vs Dollar and generally the value of the Gold tracks opposite the dollar (Gold Up Dollar Down ) But you can't take it to the bank. Many times the Market will go up as the Dollar goes down bc it means that U.S. will sell more overseas.

But I can tell you for certain..Don't buy or sell in the market vs what the Dollar and Gold is doing. And that also goes for trading Gold or Dollar based on any one of the other two.

I used to trade EUROS on the FOREX Market but I don't have the stomach for it. I do GLD and FXE.

If you decide to trade gold or Currencies watch the news strictly for these commodities. I'm not an expert here for sure.

I have no intention to do any commodity trading. Just not smart enough to even try. I'll stick with what I know, which is mostly tech, retailing and transportation, in that order. Just trying to get a little smarter...

GLW up 0.94 at the moment. ~4.5%.

I still own the RCRC I bought the other day. It's up 1.30, 3%, at the moment. Not bad. Wish I'd bought more.

GLW - to the MOON! (ok, up a buck)
smile.gif

I've made money on the declining dollar like the poor muffa I am: BGEIX, GLD and a handful of foreign funds - Euro centric as of late (5 months or so). But as Al says (I'm paraphrasing) - you can't bank on this and the only thing certain in the market is that there are no certainties.

I read today they are doing away with the 45000 Rickshaws. They say there are too many cars (cough cough), So when I looked at a stock I owned at $32 a while ago CEG its now at over $70. As long as growth keeps up this pace we will go to 35000 on the dow.

NBR,MER,CCI,CVD,GSL,KOMG Just a few I found by entering in a certain criteria.Without friends and longtime dabbling I wouldn't bother. I do like the real Gold & Silver holding because what is precieved going foward keeps the price climbing.

I cashed out Wed. Sold everything. Made good money with what I had left. Even made some on GLW.....

I'm in the process of rolling everything over to a different broker, including my 401k, Which I had not touched this year.

Big money keeps coming to stocks. That happens because of the rotation thing.Ever notice on down days small stocks tend to rally. If that stops happening then we may be in a correction.Mabey!

So you guys are bailing out of GLW, huh....?

It's been on a roller-coaster lately, but the MetaStock RSI and Momentum indicators are showing a bullish divergence. The next few days will tell how strong it is; it SHOULD go up from here...
hide.gif

I remain liquid - I could jump back into GLW at any moment. I made some cash on it, and it promptly pulled back. For now.

I did put some buy orders in for a couple IBD stocks, and a small bevy of PF new picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back