Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
.....I watch the market plunge and then I spend some time working, fantasizing about some girl or something and life with Chiang Liang (Madam Mao)and whammo....it's 1:05PM.

I need a vacation....

P,
Have you been drinking Amsoil's oil or something?
lol.gif
You crack me up!

I tell you what doesn't crack me up....friggin LU lost another $0.09 today. It's still profitable for me since I bought it close to a year ago when it was at $2.12 and $2.17...but dang it, I'm losing all my profits. I'm not selling and I'm gonna ride out the storm. I already did once right after I bought and for many many months......I can do it again.

Lone,

I am using macd, bolinger, MA 10,20,200, stochastics and Candlesticks. I am having the worst trading right now in years! The past 2 weeks has been horrible! No follow throughs and profits have been slim which means the entry and exits have to be perfect. With this choppiness its been tough!
mad.gif
dunno.gif
I prefer swingtrading.

Lu up $0.11 today! I hope it begins to climb back again.
P,
You been fantasizing again??

Pablo, I was referring to relative strength index (RSI); it's a trading indicator.

Lately I've been following the defense and industrial sectors. LU looks interesting though. It's at the lower end of all the chart indicators now, and might be ready for a pop......lock and load.....
grin.gif

Go for it, I've got your back!

The company said profit estimates are flat to slighty higher, which is a heck of a lot better than negative. That's the reason the S&P upgraded the stock from B- to B. I'm thinking of taking advantage of this dip and getting my hands on some more.
Let me know how it went.

Amkeer,which technical tools do you like the best? I'm a swing trader and a MetaStock user, and have been searching for the "Ultimate System" for years. I've come to the conclusion that it ain't gonna happen, and that this stuff is more an art than a science.

Right now a combination of RSI, Stoch, and CMO/9 period x-over seems to work for me.....

I sold my PKZ today for a nice sum, needed the cash. Nice run up.

I bought into VTI at close today, 107.23. Ready to buy more on further downticks....hold on to your seat.

Pretty much, like over 3500 companies. I'm just tired of fees, and just a portion of my investments I needed some US stock diversification...I was just waiting for better time to buy....hard to bottom fish, though.

VIPERS

He,he,he, you got that right, Pablo.

I'd like to go out on a limb and make a prediction here. We are probably in the midst of a "failure swing", where the averages go up toward their previous highs, with less relative strength. After failing to reach the highs, they'll drop again, scareing the stuffings out of everyone. Then it'll be time to buy long-term again. (I love this chart analysis stuff.....
grin.gif
)

quote:

You guys all over LU this AM?

I missed the boat, again.

No but MSFT is looking attractive below $25!

Qwest is also on my radar! Though I'm just about fully invested right now. Need another infusion of cash to support my habit!
shocked.gif

Today was not a good day to be long the market...."Bad day at Black Rock". Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.

LU also closed down for the day.

Buy high and sell low.....er...no, that's not right....???
grin.gif

quote:

You guys all over LU this AM?

I missed the boat, again.

P,
LU got upgraded today by Schwab from "neutral" to "outperform."
It did close negative today (down $.07 or some like that), but it must have closed really good yesterday (didn't check)....I'm recouping my lost money. Let me know if you ever buy some! I still want to buy more, but I don't have a lot of guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back