Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by msparks:

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:
Hey guys....you might want to check out MOBL. It's a small telecom company. I own almost 4k shares since it is one of those penny stocks. I bought at $0.03 and then some more at $0.05.......it's up to $0.07 now. It's so cheap that with 50 bucks you can buy a whole lot of shares......if you lose it....it was only $50.
Check it out!

Rick

I have some of those. 1 I have 10,000 shares at .05/share. It's now .04. Jeez... I've been watching the company for about 3 years. I hope they make it someday. They have a propritary way to clean up soil from different toxic waste areas, namely "oil" related.

Have you checked their quotes lately?.....they close at $0.11 today!!! Also....I think you got MOBL mixed with someone else....they are a Telecom Co......unless I'm missing something?

Pablo,
Check it out! My $110 investment almost turned into $300....and that's just a few cents!

P,
Check the 1 month chart ....that thing looks like it's taking a break. Didn't do much research on it, but it seems they are into lab equipment manufacturing.
From MSN Money

quote:

Cepheid is a developer, manufacturer and marketer of fully integrated systems that automate and accelerate biological testing. The Company has developed a complete testing system comprised of instrumentation and disposable cartridges that integrate automated sample preparation, amplification and detection technologies. The systems are designed to handle a variety of different biological samples in a variety of markets. The Company's two product platforms are the Smart Cycler system, which is in commercial production, and the GeneXpert system, which is in the final stages of development. The Smart Cycler is a DNA amplification and detection system initially directed at the life sciences research market. The GeneXpert system integrates automated sample preparation with the Company's Smart Cycler amplification and detection technology. The Company's third amplification and detection product is the I-Core module, an instrument for performing and continuously monitoring chemical reactions.

Last Z that was my first impression. My bro-n-law (no job, trades stocks from home) says today in an email:

"This link (there are several web pages in sequence after the first one) provides an article dated back in Sept 2003 that summarizes what Cepheid (NASDAQ: CPHD) does in the molecular diagnostics field which includes rapid DNA analysis of infectious diseases. Fast forwarding to today, Cepheid is close to shipping the GeneExpert system to support Phase I of a large contract with US Postal Service (USPS) for air monitoring systems in mail handling centers to detect Anthrax. The USPS Anthrax Detection in Mail Handling facilities is for $175 million in FY2003 for 742 GeneExpert units and 986 units in FY2004. A total of 1728 new deployments. Cepheid is partnered with Northrop Grumman as the prime contractor in this project. This system brings in recurring revenues from the use of disposable test cartridge sales and is estimated at $130 - $155 million a year depending on unit prices ($25 - $30 per catridge unit) and the future inclusion of additional diagnostic tests (to include ricin for example) in a cartridges which would make the unit costs (recurring revenues) go higher.

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...=1600905249&tid=cphd&sid=1600905249&mid=84385

The diagnostic assay for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) has been completed and submitted for FDA review. Something like MRSA is what got Heidi after her operation and delayed her recovery for 4-6 weeks. If it was NOT detected and treated in a timely matter, the results could be serious including death - see the ABC News in the second link below. Use of a rapid diagnostic instrument from Cepheid would have confirmed the disease within about a hour compared to a culturing test which takes days, enabling the proper treatment to be targeted immediately, improving a patient's chances for survival significantly. The development of more such clinical diagnostics capability in the life sciences area promises to be an area for tremendous growth, replacing the existing slower and more laborious processes used in hospital labs today.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Primetime/Living/schaap031023.html

the link below is a personal site by an individual that gives alot more information, but not all of it is credible, especially future financials. But give the guy credit for doing a rather detailed job ot connecting many dots for the areas covered by this new and interesting company.

http://quicksaver.com/cphd2004.htm

This what I spend some of my time looking at."

P'
That USPS deal has to be good for CHPD. That "should" move that stock up somewhat. Too pricey for me though.....I won't buy unless it's $5 or less.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Couldn't take it anymore. I sold my IMH. Nice gain. See ya later.

Getting creamed with LU, was making money now losing. GLAD I sold AV, it back into the $15's.

Maybe we are going through that pull back now!

The scary thing is we are over a month into the correction phase and its just starting to escalate. It would be better to have a sustained drop of 2-3 weeks then a correction. The slow drop and then an escalation is worrisome. The late money is coming into the markets and not allowing a healthy correction. The sentiment is too high!

The positive is the monthly charts are still Bullish, the rest are Bearish short term. We may get a pop tomorrow or the next day. These ups are oscillations in a downward trend from the highs in February. The overall trend is down but its really up depending on your time frame. Confused? You should be!
wink.gif
grin.gif

I never got into LU or AV, but I'm still watching for the lows....IMH was up to $23.38. All my shares were accumulated in the teens.

It's times like this when I avoid broad funds...yeah I know "they" sell you on diversification, and indeed it is a good thing IF you can play it right. Maybe a little REIT fund, maybe some gold fund, maybe a health care fund....but a bunch of wide stock funds can be OK in the real long run - just OK and just lousy in undulating markets, when like now, there is money to be made.

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
The overall trend is down but its really up depending on your time frame. Confused? You should be!
wink.gif
grin.gif

LOL, Listen to CNBC. They sure are confused, I can't hardly watch it anymore(only for amusement value)

My problem is that when I sell a stock I usually buy something else, so I don't always have enough on the sidelines.

nono.gif

Yikes-- Better make sure you have a case of pepto-bismol, it's really hard to stomach this stuff!!

I don't think we have a bottom yet. I think I'll get back in QQQ when it hit $30. SPY I'll buy at $100. Have a few more thou waiting!

I have cash to buy more....remember those positions I exited the last few weeks and yesterday....a couple facts:

a) if I am "smart" enough to be in this position, then there are PLENTY of other smart people in cash positions!

b) the market will go up. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next week....but it will go up....and that's the interesting dichotomy, one day I say "who cares because I can find some winners" the next day I want everything to go up!
wink.gif

I bougt PKZ on the dip, because I think energy plays are a good bet and I found a couple funds (MAVFX and FSLCX) that I bought into today.

[ March 10, 2004, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Couldn't take it anymore. I sold my IMH. Nice gain. See ya later.

Getting creamed with LU, was making money now losing. GLAD I sold AV, it back into the $15's.

Maybe we are going through that pull back now!

MS,
I'm losing the money I made with LU. I wonder if I should sell at $3.70 and wait until it stabilizes again. I really am reluctant to sell to then buy again. The S&P rating services upgraded the stock from B- to B ( Link 1 ; Link 2 ) They also mentioned of a slow but steady recovery for the telecom.
If I could get somewhat an assurance it would pick up again, I would not even think about selling. I don't know what to do!?!?
confused.gif

Amkeer,
You confused me a bit.....on your very last sentence....as I should be!
grin.gif

If I have learned anything in this game is that predictions are very hard to make and the more time one spends doing this, the better.

At least LU was up yesterday! I say hang in there with Lu, don't be nervous and sell into fear.

PS I not saying to hang on to losers, but the stock was worth owning last month and now it isn't? I'm buying on any dip at this point...

Well Last Z, I'm still in. So I would say don't sell for now. You have earnings coming up at the end of this month. You will see another cycle, where the stock should go up a bit, then back down, then back up, and so forth.

I guess I should have sold when I was up 20% last month. But I was really waiting for it to hit $5 and see it move even higher. I hold this one a year if I have to.

I just got an offer in the mail for my LTD stock(which I've had for about 3 years. losing money the whole time) it's call a Dutch Auction. I put in for it, since it's an off lot(24 shares) and I would like to get rid of it anyhow.

Well OK.

My Gold funds were up today as was VASO and PGH.

OK I'll admit it: I'm very upset that I missed the market close. NYSE, etc closes here at 1 PM. If I get my fund buy orders in at 12:59 I'm clean....today was a buy day and I choked.....I watch the market plunge and then I spend some time working, fantasizing about some girl or something and life with Chiang Liang (Madam Mao)and whammo....it's 1:05PM.

I need a vacation....

Pablo,

I wouldn't be to upset since we may get some short covering in the A.M.. Overall this market is breaking down technically and your buying oppurtunity, well lets just say we may have a while of downward trading. The market is short term oversold but it will continue like that as long as we continue breaking the technicals. Longs shouldn't worry since their time frame is measured in years. Mine is measured in minutes, hours and days.

Well, if you can time LU as well as PGH then you're set! It's down $.07 as of 10:06am.....we'll see how it ends up today.
The attack on Spain doesn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back