Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.....after a losing streak of almost 2 weeks, LU finally decided to pick up rebound back some and recoup some of the lost doug. It's up $.14 today and hopefully the worst to come is sideways. For some reason, I've had this very sharp pain on my left arm for a few days now....I think it's getting better though.
wink.gif

Heard on the Radio that the Nasdaq about gave up all of it's January Gains.

Looking more and more like a buying opportunity.

I bought CKP yesterday from a recommendation on the PF newsletter. I've been watching it for about 2 months and it's off of it's highs. I'm looking for it to go up over $20 in the next few weeks.

Also on the AVAYA that I sold for a 40% profit, it's off it's highs too, it looks like it's going back to the $16 dollar range, so I'll get back in there too!

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
z - I noticed that...maybe I missed my buy opportunity!

AMD was down a bit...

I can not remember who said: “prices are never high to buy and never low to sell”. Apparently the market has gone to hesitating phase and may spend time in a quite wide range before going ... down. For me January and February was not best time to enter the marker and it’s a pity that I haven't managed to understand it before: $ 1200 earned in January - beginning of February were quickly lost together with initial funds during last 2 weeks on e-mini S&P and Euro. This bad experience confirmed me once again that it is not possible to earn with intra-day trading and, if you don't have enough funds to keep overnight position and put real “stops”, don't start at all. Now I ask myself why I haven't spent this money in good restaurants or bought something for the family. Too late. The only consolation is that I shall not take part in it, at least next 2-3 months.

As for market trend, the enthusiasm that drove the market last year may disappear like a morning frog, so be careful !

We are in a correction phase so there is no telling how low we go before things stabalise and we head back up. The Nasdaq broke 2000 yesterday but managed to hold above it today. These short spurts up are not enough to get the short sellers to cover. They are not threatened since they foresee lots more downside in the markets. The bears control the market as of now. When the carnage is more than you can literally take then that is the real time to buy, until then keep the powder dry. Long holders shouldn't worry about anything!

Happy trading!

Pablo,

AMD should hold this level, high 13, low 14, basing pattern. If this pattern holds it will be a swingtrade, long. This will be taken until it signals another short move. If it breaks this current level then it will be a continuation short to the low 13 level or high 12.

Nasdaq support 2010, 1990, 1970, 1950. We have a lower high formation on the daily charts from 2153 to 2098. Its hitting the lower bolinger band. If its gonna move up it needs to happen here. Intraday charts show me higher lows today so there is a possibility that the market moves up tomorrow. However these have been known to break since we are technically in a downward trend from 2153, they haven't held up as of late! This is a transition from the bull trend we were in when you could time longs off intraday setups. Now they fail. Its a very tricky market!

I guess we will see what happens.

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
When the carnage is more than you can literally take then that is the real time to buy, until then keep the powder dry. Long holders shouldn't worry about anything!

Happy trading!

patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif

EDIT: LU down $.11 today
frown.gif
.......No worries as I'm seriously thinking about buying more.

[ February 24, 2004, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Last_Z ]

When I mean "carnage" its months of a down market. Lets not forget that this latest bull run lasted about 12 months. We could very well see 6 months of a downtrend. On a positive note its a down on an overall uptrending market.

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
When I mean "carnage" its months of a down market. Lets not forget that this latest bull run lasted about 12 months. We could very well see 6 months of a downtrend. On a positive note its a down on an overall uptrending market.

Didn't I say this in December when I sold my QQQ and SPY? Of coarse I should have just held on some cash for the upcomming buying opportunity, but oh no, I'm out looking for other deals.

I think I goofed on Bally's, I got in at 6.56 it went up about 18% but I wanted to get least 30-40% before I sold, I guess I'll hold for now.

I suppose I need to more more cash into the brokerage to take advantage of some good buys coming up.

ms - you did say that! But I think I followed with a laundry list of my hard earned investment "tips" (wouldn't dare call it advice). One of things (basically): don't try to fight the overall trends, but there are still deals out there to be had.....I have some big chunks in IMH and PGH, and they have been doing GREAT...despite the rest.

Amkeer - I agree, GREAT write up. On Sunday I would have said significant resistance between 1980 and 1970....but we really need to watch the money flows.

Primus - I thought you were so bearish you weren't in the market at all?? I made a significant gain Dec-Jan, and realized this gain. I'm just bullish enough to hold my long positions and even take the dividends.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
z - I noticed that...maybe I missed my buy opportunity!

AMD was down a bit...

Pablo,
LU is still low priced at just over 4 bucks. If you find this stock attractive and like the fundamentals, then I think you should buy now. I am debating myself whether I want to dump more money into it.....it sure as heck is looking good; IMO.
As of now, 10:45AM, it is down by $.05 at $4.10. If anyone was waiting for a breather and a chance to buy this stock......I think this is it.

Pablo,
Nothing changed in my perception: economic situation does not improve, but imbalances become more and more serious. So I remain bearish. Looks like somebody is very interested to keep us for sheep. We are on the eve of Great Depression II and we shall still see DJ at least at 4000 and S&P at 500-600. By the way, for many European investors DJ is already at 6000 because of 35-40 % devaluation of USD.

As for last trades, I was selling S&P 3 times: at 1154.25, 1152.50 and 1149. Yesterday it reached 1133, today it's around 1141, so looks like everything could be OK. But here I'm guilty myself. There were not enough funds at the account (so called margin) to keep overnight position, so 2 times I had to close my position MOC (any price during last 10 minutes of daily session) and, as you understand, it was not positive. Selling the 3rd time at 1149 I was already obliged to put "stop" at 1155 (initially it was at 1161,50) and naturally it was filled.

Euro: last Wednesday when the price was 1.2880 (after 1.2918 high) I placed the order to sell 1 at 1.2900. Unfortunately the next high was only 1.2892 and then Euro quickly dropped for about 80 points. At this time I was sorry to be greedy. When Euro dropped another 80 points I though with regret: "I was too greedy indeed. But look, it's 180 points drop in one day, would not be a great opportunity to buy if it drops another 30 points?" And I placed the order to buy 1 at 1.2710, but market went lower again and my stop was done (- 30 points). After this I was buying Euro twice at 1.2680 and 1.2675 and both times the market screwed me (- 47 points). This day the Euro dropped about 270 points and finished at 1.2645, i.e. another 65 points lower then my first “buy”. It's a good lesson.

To my regret this year a famous brokerage company “helped” me twice not to earn. Last time they did not fill my sell order at 1.2780 though the high was at 1.2784 and therefore I did not get my 57 points this day. As I could find such things happen quite often with electronic trades.

Good luck !

The market held up today fairly decent. As mentioned above it was anticipated to move up. The move up held the urge to sell off which is a positive note. Definitely noticed a battle going on between the shorts and the longs. In the end the longs won however we need to see some follow through with this rally. Tomorrow will tell.

As far as AMD it went up .51 or 3.64% to close at $14.52 with the high at $14.61.

Economic news comes out at 8:30 this may have effect on trading.

Primus,

The charts you posted are hard to read. Support for AMD is about $13.80-$13.60 it hit that 3 times and stayed above it. Its technically a triple bottom bounce which is bullish. It heads up from here. Target is up around resistance which is $18.30. It may not hit it on this oscillation but realistic its there rather than $8. Barring any technical damage it MAY break resistance!

Amkeer,
Reuters charts are everything I could find. Due to the scale they are not good to read indeed, but quite enough to satisfy my interest and understand what people speaking about.

As for the trend, sorry, but based on these charts I would suppose bearish scenario. At least I would not buy now. In case I already have some shares I would not wait until 18.30 and sell at 16.50 (if not now). Better not to earn, then to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back