Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

I was thinking SPY, since it only gained like 4% last year and it's off the high from the end of the year, so might be a good time to make 15-20% this year?
What do you all think?

Msparks, since the SPYders are a proxy for the S&P 500, I've often thought of trading them instead of individual stocks. The only thing keeping me from it is the wash sale rule; if you take a loss in a SPY trade, you have to wait 30 days to buy again, to be able to count the tax loss. (At least I think that's how it works....?)
dunno.gif

On my charts, the S&P 500 looks to be long-term neutral, with a bias to the upside short-term. Might get a pop in the next day or two, lasting for a couple weeks.....????

Weird, huh? Cramer called BG last night, so I put my buy in at (get this) $53.30. I often miss my buy points on Cramer calls because the stocks shoot up so fast on rapid volume (duh). The stock was at $53.20, IRC. I see the real time quote and say "oh shoot". Then I check my orders - good trading Fidelity!

I missed INTX, though.

Yeah pretty interesting. Both are selling at a nice discount to NAV. They are CE ETF's. That dividend is misleading, but here's the ETFConnect.com blurb:

On BEP;

quote:

The Fund's investment objective is to seek total returns through a covered call strategy that seeks to approximate the performance less fees and expenses of the CBOE S&P 500 BuyWrite Index. The BXM Index is a passive total return index that is based on buying the common stocks of all of the companies included in the S&P 500 Composite Stock Price Index weighted in the same proportions as the S&P 500 Index and writing (selling) call options on the S&P 500 Index.

on BEO;

quote:

The Fund's investment objective is to seek leveraged returns on the CBOE S&P 500 BuyWrite Inde (BXM Index) less fees and expenses. The Fund seeks to replicate the BXM Index by purchasing all of the common stocks included in the S&P 500 Index weighted in the same proportions as the S&P 500 Index or other investments that have economic characteristics similar to the securities that comprise the Index Second on an approximately annual basis the Fund will enter into swap contracts on the BXM Index that are intended to provide the Fund with leveraged exposure to the return of the BXM Index.

Hey Pablo & everyone,

Ha ! I didn't know this site had an investing thread.....

I do a lot of investing. Some recent ones...

UNH (thanks, Cramer!)

Fidelity: Low Price Stock, Growth Company, Fifty, Diversified Int'l, International Real Estate, Int'l Small Cap Opportunities

Oakmark Equity & Income, Clipper

I'm looking to re-balence into some individual Stocks like:

Qualcom, HXL, NUVO, GWR, FNSR, ATI, Caterpillar, TXRH (Texas Roadhouse - Yummy), etc

Any thoughts if Boston Scientific/Guidant will go up or down AFTER the Buyout...?????
dunno.gif

cheers.gif

I've been avoiding the Guidant thing, too much cash/credit flying around and it does not look promising for share holders.

I own many of the same funds you do, interestingly enough. I only had two sluggish funds last year - feel like dumping them (neither has a significant % of my assets) , but they have shown signs of life:

Fidelity Dividend Growth: This one may be about done.

Fid. Value Strategies: Lagged in 2005, but then threw a HUGE capital gain, so I got a bunch more shares, plus it looks like it might come alive.

Boo-yah Pablo,

Had a 1.5 hour conversation with a great Fidelity Income Planner on the phone and we're going to balance things out a bit. I have WAY too big of a % of one thing...

Keep in touch (I love the Amsoil stuff too).

I haven't talked to a weenie at Fidelity for years. I take that back, I actually had to call them last month to set up my "Brokerageline" within my 401K (sweet) - something they don't do online (strange) they had to mail me a package. All went well - I already get the "GOLD" commission package but this set up is really good for new folks (they start with silver, rather than Bronze). This will the first time I can do broker stuff within my 401K, (all my normal trades are within the IRA.) I'll liquidate my matching company stock (GenCorp) and buy stocks and funds within the 401K.

At almost a 13.78 Yield AAV looks interesting to me now.If it does half as well as DOM which has taken a hit lately I would be happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back