Introducing the 2023 Dodge Hornet.

Oh yeah. We used to lust over the Hornets / AMX Javelins and especially The Machine when we were in high school and too young to buy one. AMC's hot ones were here and gone way too fast. Those were about the last days of walking into a stealership and walking out with something you could near burn the wheels off of in stock condition .. THE MACHINE! One year only. What a shame.

Attachments

• 1970-amc-rebel-machine-hardtop--1970amcrebelmachine2drhdtp141885-frank-j-benz.jpg
    1970-amc-rebel-machine-hardtop--1970amcrebelmachine2drhdtp141885-frank-j-benz.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The R/T trim is interesting to me though 🤔
View attachment 117291
I let my Wife pick between the pictures that I posted and she picked the Hornet and the CX30 as the best looking of all of them with the Hornet edging out the CX30. She’s not a car person at all and only knew what the Mazda was because they all have the same styling.
Yes, the R/T will be interesting for sure, but I must say that the base models are nothing to be ashamed of considering the competition and a HP rating of 265 and 295 lb-ft torque. The R/T with it’s 285 HP and 383 lb-ft torque should be fun in a compact crossover. All of that and AWD too. 😉🍻

Great move by Dodge to offer a compact SUV again. They have never offered anything decent in this category (Journey, Caliber….) and this is leaps forward on at least the category that people want. Not my cup of tea the Dodge strips and painted calipers etc (tacky) but at least different.

I will likely end up with one as rental(not by specific choice) in near future.

The Tonale is much better looking and is selling well in Europe. I don’t believe they even market Dodge in Europe.

Here the Tonale was promised as a a volume booster to desperate Alfa dealers only to be torpedoed by the Hornet at the 11th hour. 👎

Thank you for your valuable contribution. :rolleyes:
Well the Previous Compass and the Renegade are not jewels. The Dart was junk. This is on the same platform as the new Compass. Which is a LWB N.A. built (Hecho en Mexico) former Renegade.

Around here (other than Subaru which are #1) Compass are selling well for FCA due to price, as are Ford Bronco sport with the "rugged outdoorsie" styling that it's sister the Escape does not have - same basic vehicle. Include the Pitiful 1.5L turbo engine and FORD charges $10K+ more for a different "look". Nuts!

Even at a insane premium, This Sells:

bronco sport 2023.jpeg

Reactions: hrv
Back