Interesting "plain Jane" 2010 F250 at auction today

I guess there are some on here who would get excited at that piece of garbage.....

Someone might have reset it right before it was taken out of use and it's been idling around different lots. They also use front end loaders with forks to move these things around, so that might be why the tires look awkward.

All this is speculation, there's no way I'd bid on anything without seeing it in person.

Oh, and if you look at the miles per gallon it shows less than 3 miles per gallon on average. So clearly was being used to haul something, and matches with the tailgate.

And if you do like the car wizard says, both the engine and the transmission will need to be replaced most likely. 10K at a shop.

3 mpg isnt just from hauling though. That would be like continuous WOT for this engine.

i bet there is a clue in that paint code, my guess is GOVT or tree company, if you buy enough of them they will set you up a DSO and paint it any color you want for fleet sales....

Not a fleet color looks like a Pueblo Gold Metallic painted green and I do believe the wheels are the 2011 thru 2016 Steel base wheel

Tough trucks I have a few 250/350/450 of this generation depending on the job I just pick what truck to take that day

If it happens to be a yard sprayer beware the frame just behind the cab where the bed drains onto the frame they are known to rust in two pieces

The truck is back on the auction lot, with a buy it now price of $5500. The truck's reserve was not met yesterday and the Seller did not accept the auction price.

Note at $5500, the out the door price is $6383. And that is a price to a dealer. For a retail buyer, a broker will be needed to purchase this truck so likely about $7,000 or so after all the crazy fees a broker charges.

Wow, for that truck with the engine issues, that seems like a lot. Seller doesn't care though, just wants the sale. Caveat Emptor

The truck is back on the auction lot, with a buy it now price of $5500. The truck's reserve was not met yesterday and the Seller did not accept the auction price.

Note at $5500, the out the door price is $6383. And that is a price to a dealer. For a retail buyer, a broker will be needed to purchase this truck so likely about $7,000 or so after all the crazy fees a broker charges.

Yikes, at $4k for a work truck I'd say it's worth the risk. $6k+, no way Jose!

Back