Insurance thread yesterday, locked?

Could of been per request, but my guess is because it was medical advice, which is strongly discouraged and not allowed here. Bob is not the medical guy.
I strongly agree that providing medical advice should be prohibited within an automotive forum. However, I find it difficult to understand the discussion of how insurance works being misunderstood as medical advice. Being in the insurance industry for over 20 years I feel and open discussion to help more people understand how insurance works may be very helpful to some.

I saw that as well. The discussion was NOT about medical treatment. On the other hand, I don't believe it was possible for any responders to give the OP an actual answer for their situation.

Medical Insurance these days is a political topic. Although that thread seemed pretty benign there was already a negative reference to the affordable care act so my guess is that it was locked as a pre-emptive measure to avoid the inevitable downward spiral.

Goto the Reddit site, enter in the search bar "r/insurance". Join to be able to post, you will get answers to your questions from folks that are in the know about these things.

I was trying to keep politics out of it so if it went political I don't think that is my intention. I was also not seeking medical advice either as you can see, I'm trying to evaluate 2 job openings for my wife and see which one suit her better, assuming all else is the same (they are 3 mins away from each other). Anyways, no problem anymore, one insurance is now obviously better than another.

Still trying to see what happened and got that thread locked.

I didn't see the possible tie-in (to ACA) initially but one person did mention it...

Back