insurance company claim problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
there trading the car in a couple months? wherever they trade that car in is not going to care about a new or used wheel on a 7year old car and that claim and $550.00 check from the insurance is going to cost them dearly in future premiums, my dad was an agent for 30 years and believe me, save your claims for the realy big stuff.

Yes, they just decided for sure on the trading part yesterday and we understand that the dealership won't care if the wheel is new or used, which is why we don't care if the wheel is new, used, or repaired at this point. Cost them dearly?!? Not every insurance company is like that. They have had the same company for 40+ years and it does not go up much if any when they file a claim. They have filed a few over the years. If you pay out money for insurance you should be able to file a claim for anything and not have to pay it out of pocket. That's why people have insurance. I'm sure some insurance companies would like to never pay out claims or maybe just the big ones but that's not exactly how it works. Of course insurance agents are going to tell you not to file claims! More money for them and whatever company they work for, right?

Insurance makes you right, it doesn't make you better. If your folks totalled the lincoln you'd get blue book on it and have to buy another 7 year old one from a dealer with similar mileage... which you'd probably find something to pick nits over.

Incidentally filing a claim for a wheel even if they cut you a check will annoy them... and they'll get the money back somehow. Better off saving your claim for something bigger, getting a higher deductible, and self-insuring the small stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back