Induction compatible cookware suggestions?

Wife and I are upgrading our electric range to an induction model. We'll need to replace most of our pots and pans, few passed the magnet test. Anyone have any favorite brands, sets, or types that work well with induction? Ideally we're looking for a set that includes a few saucepans and a couple skillets, but we can buy them piece-meal so long as it's not cost prohibitive. Non-stick of some sort definitely preferred. I've seen some ceramic coated ones that caught my eye, but no idea how they hold up. Don't mind spending some money, but don't want to have to mortgage the house for them either, so bang for the buck is an important consideration. Any suggestions?

I was going to recommend a certain newfangled brand that has really impressed me in the...2 months or so since I bought it, but checking it out online, doesn't work with induction... which is a shame... it's a really nice little pan. and absolutely nothing has stuck to it yet...

For those of you that went from a regular cook top to induction cook tops, how are you guys liking your induction cook tops?

I've always cooked a lot and for years used All Clad. Two years ago I used Demeyere at a girlfriend's home. I was very impressed and continue to be. I bought a set of Demeyere 5ply and I love it. When a nonstick pan is needed I use Hansubute induction stone. Inexpensive, no layers or coatings peeling off.....and they work very well and clean easily. Round this out with a few sizes of cast iron (I like Victoria for cast iron) and you are good to go!

I'm guessing cast iron is a ok on induction top? Or maybe issues with scratching the surface? Not sure on that one, I use gas.

I bought some stainless pots to use on my Induction Stove.
I bought from different manufacturers and only have one criteria;
The HANDLES have to be a 'solid' casting.
No sheet-metal wrapped and formed.

It looks like all the 'links' above are good quality / as in good Handles.

Ecolution Symphony is my non-stick of choice. The pans are thick and they are induction compatible. The non-stick surface has held up for years with daily use.

https://www.centurylife.org/how-to-choose-cookware/
Cuisinart has good clad-sets. The patent on All-Clad cookware expired over a decade ago. If you go clad look for "rolled" or "sealed" edges. It protects the aluminum core from dishwasher detergents. I don't wash my clad in the dishwasher but some people do.

--Interesting piece by piece acquisition--

---Clearance section (Below) ---
https://www.zwilling.com/us/ (This company owns Demeyere and often you'll be able to buy a Demeyere vessel under the Zwilling label which is cheaper but with a different handle design)
https://www.all-clad.com/ (They do sales twice a year. I think there's one in June)

https://www.chowhound.com/cookware
First I'm jealous of your induction.

I'm not going to recommend one type over another. Try not to get too wrapped up in the marketing. Handles and weight are subjective.

Last edited:
I have a Thermodore induction range and this is the first time I'm becoming aware I should be using specific pots and pans... go figure.

lots of options for sure, dont forget stainless is a poor heat conductor of heat many non stick coatings are toxic, good luck + remember cheep is not + good is not cheep + buying a bigger set is always more cost affective, good luck

For those of you that went from a regular cook top to induction cook tops, how are you guys liking your induction cook tops?
We love our GE induction stove. The infinite control is very nice. We like it so much we are planning on buying another one for our cabin. I highly recommend.

I think you have most of the higher end cookware recommendations covered in the posts above. For Mid-low price range, I have used the Kitchen Aid "Impact Bonded" cookware set. It works well with my induction range. For frying eggs and stuff I still like a cast iron skillet, but try to avoid the rough surface Chinese cast iron, too hard to clean.

As far as the induction range itself, there is no comparison. Cheaper, safer, faster than Natural Gas OR Electric resistance heat. Easy to clean and better for you indoor air quality. I'll never go back to conventional cooktops.
You might want to hang on to a good aluminum pot or skillet just in case you want to use it on a barbecue side burner someday.

lots of options for sure, dont forget stainless is a poor heat conductor of heat many non stick coatings are toxic, good luck + remember cheep is not + good is not cheep + buying a bigger set is always more cost affective, good luck
No they are not.

I ended up buying the Analon Tri-Ply clad stainless cookware set from Amazon. Happy with it so far. It was difficult to gather anything meaningful from Amazon reviews, have to scroll through pages of people complaining that their pans no longer look like showpieces after a few uses, and the dozens who leave 1 star because they've managed to burn some food on them. They're not non-stick but I've used stainless pans plenty and can adapt.

The induction range is simply awesome. I went with a Frigidaire GCRI3058AF which is on the less expensive end of the induction spectrum, but it works nicely and looks great. The first thing I cooked on it was to boil some beets in a pan that wound up being a bit too small, so there was some spillover while boiling. I can't even begin to describe the pleasure of simply picking the pot off the stove and wiping a cloth underneath and not dealing with a smoky sizzling mess, nor having to do the quick wipe-up on a red hot burner. Kitchen stays noticeably cooler too.

Back