Incident on American Airlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people who would have laid that flight attendant out, just because of the cocky gesturing. That is a bad way to approach a person, very bad.

Nope. I have seen it once where they put it in a closet. I think it was for a special needs child.

Strollers are a no-go onboard. There are usually signs all over saying so. IIRC people are told to leave them at the airbridge exit before boarding the aircraft. That doesn't excuse this moron's behavior.

Between security, new light weight uncomfortable airline seats (in coach) unruly passengers, unruly crew flying is a big, big pain.

My wife wants to fly from Salt Lake City to New Zealand. I told her she can go by herself-there is no way I'm staying in an airplane that long. Absolutely no way.

I'm flying on United express tomorrow. Maybe something will go down. Really, a boring flight is what I'm hoping for.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...-before-flight/

A lot of blame to go around here. The big passenger definitely inflamed the situation. As for the FA, it is shocking that he didn't seem to be apologetic in the least. Does customer service exist any longer?

The big guy inflamed the situation?
On the contrary, the big guy gave the FA a badly needed reality check by getting in the FA's face and all but suggesting that he try his luck with someone who wasn't a young woman. He called the FA out in a situation where this was appropriate.
You can see the aircraft's commander in the background basically wringing his hands, wondering why he has to deal with this and probably also wondering why he has to operate with such incompetent cabin crew.
That the stroller shouldn't have been brought aboard is a given, but a young mother with infant who is not an experienced traveler might have done so quite innocently and it's really on the gate agents that this happened, not to excuse the behavior of the FA.
The FA's probably out the door for good and his union will probably not be able to save his job, not that they'll try very hard.
He can always find work with one of the regionals flying between a hub and Nowheresville USA at around a half or a third of his current wage.
Cell phone videos coupled with social media postings of them have proven a powerful antidote to corporate and government lying.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Between security, new light weight uncomfortable airline seats (in coach) unruly passengers, unruly crew flying is a big, big pain.

My wife wants to fly from Salt Lake City to New Zealand. I told her she can go by herself-there is no way I'm staying in an airplane that long. Absolutely no way.

How often do you fly? I fly a fair bit and never encountered anyone unruly. Don't be one of those people that stays home because of what they read or see on the news.

Unfortunate incident that in this case is horrid employee performance in a hard situation.

I am thankful for video as employer lost his cool, career, and failed in duty to descalate the situation. I feel for the pilot. Crew member is lucky he did not get decked.

Thankfully the employee got tossed too as I would refuse to fly with a nut job like that. Just flew American and quite a pleasant flight nice flight crew.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I know a lot of people who would have laid that flight attendant out, just because of the cocky gesturing. That is a bad way to approach a person, very bad.

The flight attendant was responding to the passenger who pointed his finger and gestured and said, "you do that to me and I'll knock you flat!" Same gesturing. Same confrontational body language. So, you must know a lot of people who would've laid out that jerk passenger, too, right?

Look, without seeing what happened right before the video started, it's hard to say who is right. No video exists of the incident that supposedly sparked this confrontation.

But I remain fascinated by everyone's ability to reach judgement before all the facts are in. That miracle of insight ended both of the United threads last week, and it hasn't faded one bit...

By the way, that passenger's words probably constitute assault. (Before all the "lawyers" disagree, assault is a threat of physical violence sufficient to cause fear or apprehension - and saying that he would "I'll knock you flat" is plainly violence).

I'm also fascinated by everyone that demands respect for passengers while supporting verbal abuse and/or assault on employees. Don't let "them" abuse you! Stand and up for your rights, passengers!

While simultaneously, and hypocritically, abusing the rights of employees...

But hey, your expectations are that the employee just take the abuse, right? Because flying is stressful? Because you're angry? Such a culture of entitlement...

Last edited:
It seems to me that the people in these "videos" are acting. There is no way I know this but these odd behaviors are played out...too many words....if I got that angry I'd be swinging a table leg or pool cue not acting weird.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
can you keep a stroller at your seat? seems it would block the aisle?

No. You can't. It blocks the ability of everyone to exit.

Strollers must be checked.

Not brought on board.

Another sad day for the airlines.

I'm so very disappointed in the lack of professionalism of this flight attendant.

If an accident happened, how hard is it to sincerely apologize for bumping into someone or something?

It's a plane, bumps are gonna happen. There are no circumstances where this is ok.

Originally Posted By: Timo325
Another sad day for the airlines.

I'm so very disappointed in the lack of professionalism of this flight attendant.

If an accident happened, how hard is it to sincerely apologize for bumping into someone or something?

It's a plane, bumps are gonna happen. There are no circumstances where this is ok.

But you're OK with this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/66nfjm/american_airlines_pilot_assaulted_at_mci_airport/

The passenger follows the pilot into the terminal and assaults him?

Why no thread started on this? Where were all the cell phone videos and self-righteous comments?

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

The flight attendant was responding to the passenger who pointed his finger and gestured and said, "you do that to me and I'll knock you flat!" Same gesturing. Same confrontational body language. So, you must know a lot of people who would've laid out that jerk passenger, too, right?

Look, without seeing what happened right before the video started, it's hard to say who is right. No video exists of the incident that supposedly sparked this confrontation.

But I remain fascinated by everyone's ability to reach judgement before all the facts are in. That miracle of insight ended both of the United threads last week, and it hasn't faded one bit...

By the way, that passenger's words probably constitute assault. (Before all the "lawyers" disagree, assault is a threat of physical violence sufficient to cause fear or apprehension - and saying that he would "I'll knock you flat" is plainly violence).

I'm also fascinated by everyone that demands respect for passengers while supporting verbal abuse and/or assault on employees. Don't let "them" abuse you! Stand and up for your rights, passengers!

While simultaneously, and hypocritically, abusing the rights of employees...

But hey, your expectations are that the employee just take the abuse, right? Because flying is stressful? Because you're angry? Such a culture of entitlement...
The comment was "CONDITIONAL" there was an IF appended. No foul.

I'd last 2 hours maximum as a FA before I'd be on the news acting unprofessional.

What part of return your seat to its full upright position did you not understand?

Any business where the employees forget that they are there to serve the customers and not the other way around is doomed to fail.
A lack of trade would quickly displace you from any seat in the cockpit of any airliner.
A lot of what's involved in airline flying is unspoken and unknown to those who don't travel much.
The burden is upon the personnel of the carrier to communicate with the passengers, not upon the passengers to know rules that were never explained to them.
In this case, the passenger stood up to confront an FA who had just hit a young woman carrying an infant by swinging a stroller at her. In this case, it would be the FA who is chargeable with assault, not the male passenger who confronted the FA.
Meanwhile, the four striper did nothing.
What would you have done if one of the FAs in a plane under your command struck a young mother holding an infant?
Based upon what you've posted, I'm guessing you would have sided with the FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back