In Need Of Some .40 Caliber FMJ Bullets

Does anyone know of any online ammo sites selling .40 caliber FMJ bullets? My son and l are going to do some target shooting next time he visits and l would like to replenish what we shoot up, if they're not too expensive. Ammo prices are starting to come down.
Thanks!

Does anyone know of any online ammo sites selling .40 caliber FMJ bullets? My son and l are going to do some target shooting next time he visits and l would like to replenish what we shoot up, if they're not too expensive. Ammo prices are starting to come down.
Thanks!
have you tried the coated offerings? i used to shoot a lot of fmj also, but now jsut shoot coated

Freedom Munitions is having a fathers day sale. Also, Outdoor Limited has 40 s&w 165 grain FMJ for .56 cents per round.

Last edited:
While the .40 is currently out of style it remains in the top 5 handgun calibers for ammo sales.
To some it might be out of style. Not to me.
The FBI chose the 9mm over the .40 caliber. Those that jumped from the .40 caliber ship are now about to make the 9mm ship sink
My 9mm gun buying days are over.

The FBI went back to 9mm cartridges because there is no statistical difference in stopping power between the two. Also, (in general) do to recoil you can get out subsequent shots faster and the firearm generally carry more rounds.

But its a matter of choice. As a firearm instructor that continues to take and give tactical training. I feel confident with 9mm.

I have 3 .40's, an old all-steel Llama, a new S&W, and a HighPoint carbine.

My grandboys really like the HighPoint carbine-lower recoil than the S&W semi-auto pistol.

I purchased some Armscor .40 yesterday at the local farm and home store for $0.43/round.

Last edited:
Caliber will come down to personal preference just as it would in ammunition and firearm brand. It won't ever be a "one size fits all" science.

Of all the pistols I have, I feel that I am most most efficient and comfortable shooting my Sig Sauer .40S&W feeding it Speer Gold Dot personal defense rounds. Next on the list of my personal pistols would be my HK VP40. I can hit more precisely and consistently than any 9mm in my collection. Only drawback to both guns is...they are not good for concealed carry.

Caliber will come down to personal preference just as it would in ammunition and firearm brand. It won't ever be a "one size fits all" science.

Of all the pistols I have, I feel that I am most most efficient and comfortable shooting my Sig Sauer .40S&W feeding it Speer Gold Dot personal defense rounds. Next on the list of my personal pistols would be my HK VP40. I can hit more precisely and consistently than any 9mm in my collection. Only drawback to both guns is...they are not good for concealed carry.
Out of curiosity, do you prefer the 165 grain Gold Dots, or the 180?

I’ve got a bunch of 165g Gold Dot in .40. Ammo I was issued, and then bought, reckoning that good enough to be issued is good enough to use.

My issue load has changed to the Federal 180g (it doesn’t say HST on the box, but the rounds sure look the same).

So, clearly, my logic would apply to both loads.

Back