IFJF (Chinese Magnefine)

I currently run a Magnefine filter on my Echo and Rendezvous. In Canada the only price I can get them at is $37.50 CAD on amazon.ca.

I did find some Chinese replicas on ebay.ca for ~$16 CAD.

Here are some side by side pics, they are nearly identical. The proof is in the pudding though, I will cut them open after being used for approx 40k kms.

It will take me a couple years to get to that point though, has anyone seen or used these Chinese knockoffs?

20191015_172854.jpg

20191015_173030.jpg

20191015_173037.jpg

Yeah the cost isn't huge over the course of time. I just wish there were options out there.
I can get the best oil filter on the planet for ~$10 (Fram Ultra). Why does an average filter/magnet cost $37.50? Just because no one else makes an inline transmission fluid filter.
Why pay more than you have to?

Originally Posted by mattwithcats
I use a Wix 33033 fuel filter, 3/8 inlet / outlet...
Much cheaper.

33031 and 33032 are 1/4 and 5/16, respectively...

Wix

No magnet in a fuel filter. In the Magnefine filters I have taken apart, the magnet was covered with an iron paste, not much in the filter media.

Originally Posted by oldhp
$21.50 over 2 years, and they're working fine. Why would you change? No chinese 4 me.

Agree. Once again we have a Chinese manufacturer making a blatant copy of someone else's product. That should be reason enough not to buy it.

Scott

Scott, those pics are so close it doesn't even look like a copy... it looks like they were made on the same assembly line! Is there any chance Magnefine has moved to sourcing these vs. manufacturing them, and the manufacturer just happens to sell them to no-name Chinese knockoffs? While remote, it is possible.

I would use a Baldwin B2-MPG filter, on a remote base, with a few magnets stuck to it before I used a Chinese filter. Too many things to go wrong-just because the outside looks good doesn't mean the inside is OK.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Scott, those pics are so close it doesn't even look like a copy... it looks like they were made on the same assembly line! Is there any chance Magnefine has moved to sourcing these vs. manufacturing them, and the manufacturer just happens to sell them to no-name Chinese knockoffs? While remote, it is possible.

No, there are plenty of differences in the way surfaces are crimped, rolled, etc. to see those are clearly off different machinery. One is likely a reverse-engineered copy of the other, but they are not off the same assembly line or machinery.

I'll chime in from a Fleetguard perspective. We have run into issues with customers purchasing IFJF fuel filters from Amazon and other online retailers where it was clearly a blatant rip-off of the genuine Fleetguard product...completely mimicking the design and even label, other than the Fleetguard logo being replaced with a red IFJF logo. Upon lab testing in our Cookeville, TN facility, the IFJF products severely underperformed burst testing and efficiency testing. I'd be pretty skeptical using an IFJF product on my engine, but that's just me.

Any updates here ? I wonder if the IFJF inline filter has a bypass valve ?

According to the amazon sales page they do have bypass valve. I have one of these inline filters installed on my 2015 Nissan Juke, no issues so far.

EricTheCarGuy recommends inline transmission filters (he did not mention any specific brand but others on youtube state IFJF are the best).

Back