If your over 60+

Close to 60 after decades of hard labor I'm beat up. Back and legs hurt daily but just grin and bear it and I get by. Occasionally I'll take a Advil to keep up with the wife on a weekend outing.

At age 69 I have no chronic pains not associated with injuries. My dominant hand which I injured on Easter Sunday, is healed enough that I no longer take the daily Aleve I was taking. 2 weeks after stopping Aleve on a daily basis, my hand is no worse. Still a little stiff at times but a little less every day as time goes along. Fish oil daily for 20 years+, along with my doctor approved supplements have my knees, ankles and feet after 23 years on concrete 7-8 hours a day, feeling OK. My 5+ miles of walking each week has kept off the 50 lbs I have lost since 2018. Not claiming to be an athlete but I needed to run recently for personal safety, by George it felt great and nothing hurt the next day. Winner Winner I can have that Chicken dinner.

At 80 now have learned to eat better and do weights 3 times a week and joint exercises the other days. Found fine motor skills fading so keep up with electrical and mechanical repairs plus I make spinners for people.

65 and pretty limber. NO aches or pains, played solid over two hours of pickleball yesterday. Really active, not geezerball.

Totally agree with KEEP MOVING. DON'T be a couch denter! Zombie life kills.

Sometimes my muscles are a bit tired feeling, but I have discovered non-smelly magnesium lotion right before bed is excellent! I got a tube from Amazon. I was skeptical because epsom salt baths do nothing for me.

Don't know what red spots are (?)

I do know is in the last little while my liver has become a lazy thing. Probably didn't treat it right in my youth. I really can't eat much anything with sugar or starch - even sweet squash - it's like instant blood glucose spikes, delay and then my body makes just enough insulin to bring it down in 3-4 hours. Of course if I exercise it helps, but still high right after exercise and I wake with high BG. Stress drives up my BG. Kinda sucks.

Need to exercise MORE!!
Some folks play pickle near me, in another life time I played tennis and golf,,,got lazy and quit that years ago,,,I walk some and ride a bike along with motorcycling,,,,lol

Similar here but after some physical work, I feel like I am 80. On Monday I was up on the roof blowing off the leaves, then picking up and stuffing them in a recycling tote before dragging the tote into the woods to dump. 3-4 hours of hard work and 2 days later back, legs, arms still aching. Tylenol does nothing. The sooner they find a way to reverse aging, the better.

65 and pretty limber. NO aches or pains, played solid over two hours of pickleball yesterday. Really active, not geezerball.

Totally agree with KEEP MOVING. DON'T be a couch denter! Zombie life kills.

Sometimes my muscles are a bit tired feeling, but I have discovered non-smelly magnesium lotion right before bed is excellent! I got a tube from Amazon. I was skeptical because epsom salt baths do nothing for me.

Don't know what red spots are (?)

I do know is in the last little while my liver has become a lazy thing. Probably didn't treat it right in my youth. I really can't eat much anything with sugar or starch - even sweet squash - it's like instant blood glucose spikes, delay and then my body makes just enough insulin to bring it down in 3-4 hours. Of course if I exercise it helps, but still high right after exercise and I wake with high BG. Stress drives up my BG. Kinda sucks.

Need to exercise MORE!!
Have you tried a carb free diet?

“…. The sooner they find a way to reverse aging, the better.

Framk Sinatra nailed it with this quote, “ you only go around once. And if you do it right , once is enough.”

But living forever ? Not for me. If life stretched out endlessly I’d procrastinate even more if there were a zillion tomorrows to fob off the unpleasant responsibilities.

Actually it might not be bad living 10,000 years as long as no one else was living past 100.

Since I turned 50......I have had a quad bypass when I was 57 (no heart attack, just a funny feeling in my chest), had my thyroid removed when I was about 64 because I was one of those unfortunate souls that had X-ray treatments for acne on my chest and back in my very early teens, had 9 kidney stones removed surgically when I was 68(two from the tubes leading from my kidneys to my bladder and 7 from inside my left kidney), had three large screws and cadaver bone to repair my L5 vertebrae after the disks on both ends ruptured, had my gall bladder removed and when I had the kidney stones removed, they found I had chronic lymphocytic leukemia! That is now controlled by a daily pill.

I am currently 75 and in my younger days, I biked all over (did century rides), was an avid spelunker, hunted in the US and Canada and walked about 1000-1200 miles a year. I still walk, do weights three times a week but bikimg is oput of the question because of my left knee.

Moral of the story: Enjoy physical activities while you can! Don't put off doing something that you really want to do because the days come all too quickly when it becomes difficult if not impossible to do the!
I think you need a trophy for above and beyond a great attitude...

Framk Sinatra nailed it with this quote, “ you only go around once. And if you do it right , once is enough.”

But living forever ? Not for me. If life stretched out endlessly I’d procrastinate even more if there were a zillion tomorrows to fob off the unpleasant responsibilities.

Actually it might not be bad living 10,000 years as long as no one else was living past 100.
Didn't say living forever, just being 80 or 100 and being able to feel and do stuff like you did at 40 or 50.

I was going thought the questions over the phone for the new health insurance and they asked me if I ever fell down. Told them I just did the the day before. Got my feet tangled up in a vine and tripped but the ground was soft and I fell uphill.

Then we got to the prescription insurance and they asked what meds I'm taking. I said none and they were shocked, asked why not? I said I only go to the doctor when I'm sick.

Last edited:
Back