If your over 60+

Aches and pains and bruises and red spots

Being near 80 , one will have or acquire bruises , red spots and aches.....trouble is , you cant remember how you got them...lol..Don't bump into anything, don't fall down, keep muscle rub and IBP in different rooms..........part of my problem is I still ride my Harley,I live on muscle rub before I ride and 3 IBP , seems to work or I cant move the next day very well.............dont stop living:D:D:D

Can't take any ibuprofen or pain killers due to taking blood thinner.
Same here, been taking them since I was 37, had blood clots in my lungs then. I tend to not take any pain medication at all, when I broke my leg last year after falling off my bike in the rain I took the suppled vicodin, but stopped as soon as I could. Now that I'm healed, I ride my bicycle pretty often again, probably going to hit 2000 miles for this year, and I don't get too sore unless I do a big ride, in which case I'll go for a massage afterwards.

I only go for the creams if my back or one of my shoulders are hurting, which is not too often. I used the red hot stuff a lot more in high school and college, was a D-I offensive lineman for a name brand school, before that, played 3 sports in high school. I would usually pick up some nagging pain during two a days in football. Seemed like it was something different every year. lol those were the days. Wish I had done yoga back then, really would have helped.

This …. Is kinda true… And funny.

Attachments

• IMG_5432.jpeg
    IMG_5432.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 49
I just turned 60 (October) and I don't use any of those things. Nor any painkillers. I live and feel like I am 40.
Similar here but after some physical work, I feel like I am 80. On Monday I was up on the roof blowing off the leaves, then picking up and stuffing them in a recycling tote before dragging the tote into the woods to dump. 3-4 hours of hard work and 2 days later back, legs, arms still aching. Tylenol does nothing. The sooner they find a way to reverse aging, the better.

65 and pretty limber. NO aches or pains, played solid over two hours of pickleball yesterday. Really active, not geezerball.

Totally agree with KEEP MOVING. DON'T be a couch denter! Zombie life kills.

Sometimes my muscles are a bit tired feeling, but I have discovered non-smelly magnesium lotion right before bed is excellent! I got a tube from Amazon. I was skeptical because epsom salt baths do nothing for me.

Don't know what red spots are (?)

I do know is in the last little while my liver has become a lazy thing. Probably didn't treat it right in my youth. I really can't eat much anything with sugar or starch - even sweet squash - it's like instant blood glucose spikes, delay and then my body makes just enough insulin to bring it down in 3-4 hours. Of course if I exercise it helps, but still high right after exercise and I wake with high BG. Stress drives up my BG. Kinda sucks.

Need to exercise MORE!!

Last edited:
65 and pretty limber. NO aches or pains, played solid over two hours of pickleball yesterday. Really active, not geezerball.

Totally agree with KEEP MOVING. DON'T be a couch denter! Zombie life kills.

Sometimes my muscles are a bit tired feeling, but I have discovered non-smelly magnesium lotion right before bed is excellent! I got a tube from Amazon. I was skeptical because epsom salt baths do nothing for me.

Don't know what red spots are (?)

I do know is in the last little while my liver has become a lazy thing. Probably didn't treat it right in my youth. I really can't ate much anything - even sweet squash - it's like instant blood glucose spikes, delay and then just enough insulin to bring it down in 3-4 hours. Of course if I exercise it helps, but still high right after exercise and I wake with high BG. Stress drives up my BG. Kinda sucks.

Need to exercise MORE!!
My granddaughter cannot walk,in a wheelchair,but she has a nutritionist that has improved her health, as when your wheel chair boundl your internal organs get compacted due to you cannot walk,, the nutrition person has helped her eat better and other stuff...

Since I turned 50......I have had a quad bypass when I was 57 (no heart attack, just a funny feeling in my chest), had my thyroid removed when I was about 64 because I was one of those unfortunate souls that had X-ray treatments for acne on my chest and back in my very early teens, had 9 kidney stones removed surgically when I was 68(two from the tubes leading from my kidneys to my bladder and 7 from inside my left kidney), had three large screws and cadaver bone to repair my L5 vertebrae after the disks on both ends ruptured, had my gall bladder removed and when I had the kidney stones removed, they found I had chronic lymphocytic leukemia! That is now controlled by a daily pill.

I am currently 75 and in my younger days, I biked all over (did century rides), was an avid spelunker, hunted in the US and Canada and walked about 1000-1200 miles a year. I still walk, do weights three times a week but bikimg is oput of the question because of my left knee.

Moral of the story: Enjoy physical activities while you can! Don't put off doing something that you really want to do because the days come all too quickly when it becomes difficult if not impossible to do the!

So far, at 67, aging is going pretty well for me.
Strenuous things I did without noticing at fifty are now more draining, but I can still do whatever I please without any lingering aches. Nothing a good night's sleep doesn't put right.

Back