Idemitsu Toyota Fluid Compatibility

Sorry if there is something else posted here already but have a quick question. I bought 20+ quarts of a mixture of Idemitsu Type TLS and Type TLS-LV from AutoZone about 2 years ago for $1/quart. I have a Lexus CT200H and will be changing the trans fluid using one of these here soon so that will use up a little bit of this. But we traded in our Toyota Tundra so no longer have another vehicle to justify all this Toyota/Import ATF. In lieu of the Toyota we have a Buick Enclave AWD with a 6T75 that calls for Dex VI. I also then have a GMC Sierra 2500HD with a 4L85E.

Question is can I use either of these fluids in those transmissions? I looked and it appears the TLS-LV is likely very close to the Dex VI and the regular TLS is like a Dex III. So I could use this fluid in both vehicles? Please confirm or advise. Thanks!!

Bump. I did use the search function and found lots of threads similar to this, but no firm answer on if these are interchangeable enough to use and not cause issues.

The 4L85e calls for Dex 3.

Use Dexron VI….

If that is what is specified in that then just use Dexron VI.

Either hang on to and use the TLS or T-IV in your Lexus and or sell the Toyota fluids on eBay etc etc.

While I would tend to agree that the TLS is possibly like Dexron VI… I wouldn’t guarantee it and it’s not worth finding out the difference. The viscosity will be the same or really close but it’s the additive package that truly works with a given transmission. And we have no clue of that additive package is the same for TLS and Dexron VI.

Back