Idemitsu ATF Type TLS-LV (WS)

Aisin resells the Nippon ATF as their own. Its commonly known as Eneos T-W. I might wager that all the Aisin fluids are Eneos equivalents.

Impressive specs when compared to the above:

Interesting to see how limited their info is compared to some of their other ATFs.
Which one are you saying is impressive? I'm running the aisin/eneos fluid, but I'm always open to something better.

I am using the Aisin fluid. I am in a hot climate.

If looking for MPG or in a colder climate, I'd consider the other brands

I am using the Aisin fluid. I am in a hot climate.

If looking for MPG or in a colder climate, I'd consider the other brands
I'm mainly interested in the longevity of my trans. It only gets below freezing about for about a month or so where I live.

Maintain it more often, drive like a little ol' lady, and maybe that will usually improve the longevity of the transmission

Any opinions on this persons claim (only negative review on this fluid I've seen):

"Would not buy!
Reviewed in the United States on February 17, 2020
Size: 5 QuartVerified Purchase
Idemitsu Type TLS-LV (WS) ATF is an excellent alternative to the expensive Toyota WS ATF from the dealership.
I did a drain and refill for my 2013 Toyota Camry SE (4cyl) at 50k miles.
Drain oil didn't smell burnt, but it looked dirty.

** UPDATE**
Felt less smooth compared to the factory oil, I drained it out and switch back to TOYOTA WS ATF within a week. Sorry but factory one works better than the Idemitsu."

This is in contrast to many others, including many here and other forums that say that it works superbly.

Any opinions on this persons claim (only negative review on this fluid I've seen):

"Would not buy!
Reviewed in the United States on February 17, 2020
Size: 5 QuartVerified Purchase
Idemitsu Type TLS-LV (WS) ATF is an excellent alternative to the expensive Toyota WS ATF from the dealership.
I did a drain and refill for my 2013 Toyota Camry SE (4cyl) at 50k miles.
Drain oil didn't smell burnt, but it looked dirty.

** UPDATE**
Felt less smooth compared to the factory oil, I drained it out and switch back to TOYOTA WS ATF within a week. Sorry but factory one works better than the Idemitsu."

This is in contrast to many others, including many here and other forums that say that it works superbly.
On Amazon?

Typical useless review/testimonial since no one really knows if it was used in the correct application or how the vehicle was operated. Also no one knows if the individual exchanged all the fluid properly to even make a proper evaluation of the fluid, a drain and refill doesn’t get a majority of the old fluid out.

Plus it “looked dirty”? That could be a problem with the transmission just as easily as the fluid.

One should not base a fluid choice on reviews like this.

I used the T IV equivalent in 05 Matrix and couldn't and have been any happier with it. Which is called TLS. First DF was at 155k with oem fluid. Then 2 through 4 drain and fills with Idemitsu.

I bet you’ve got some amazing hunting/fishing/drinking stories. You tell quite a few whoppers here.
My theory is to change it is better than not, that's with anything that is compatible.
In my car out of 6.9qt one can change 2.7qt each drain and refill. Which if you calculate it, even with 30K changes in a Toyota (that very few people do), almost 10% of the initial fluid will still be there till 150K miles in the tranny. That's a lot of miles for these oils, so, yeah, change with whatever that is compatible.

Back