I want to change the filter and not the oil

The 2017 Corolla I got recently looks like it had an oil change not long before I got it. Oil has maybe 1,000 miles on it and looks clean. I want to replace the no name filter with a Toyota filter before selling. Any reason not to change just the filter without changing the oil?
IMG_0979.gif

So you’re trying to create a fraudulent optic?

That’s the reason why not to do it.
So I can't replace a no name filter with a Toyota filter? I also replaced a Cooper tire with a new Hankook to match the other 3 that are on the car. Should I not have done that too? Am I being fraudulent there too? Is it better to sell with a mismatched tire? I remember I was drawn and quartered for putting miss-matched tires on a car not long ago.

So I can't replace a no name filter with a Toyota filter? I also replaced a Cooper tire with a new Hankook to match the other 3 that are on the car. Should I not have done that too? Am I being fraudulent there too? Is it better to sell with a mismatched tire? I remember I was drawn and quartered for putting miss-matched tires on a car not long ago.
I’d have changed both tires on the axle had it been the case, or found a used tire with the same tread depth and age (lots on eBay).

You’re creating a look of what you perceive as more care than the vehicle potentially received.

If you were trying to provide value for the customer you would just change the oil and say in the ad that it was recently serviced. Or left it alone since you’re selling it as is. Instead you’re trying to make it look something without spending the money.

Just a lousy move, IMO.

Back