I want the SuperBowl to be Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not anti sports and actually listen to sports talk programs on radio. But scheesch. Seems like the U.S. comes to a stop in the week before the Big Game. Probably why China is invading us with Balloons. Make it be over already!!😖
It’s over

It’s over
200.gif

Did the fat lady sing???

I would settle for a halftime show that you can watch with children.....
Thank you. Wife said that very thing as we realized the mess that song turned into. From what we could make out of it the message seemed to be about street life + strip clubs and who knows what else we should not talk about. Probably already been in the ditch on this one by now.
That last minute nothing for KC to be proud about.
What did I miss? I did not even see the last 02:00 of the game.

Last edited:
That last minute nothing for KC to be proud about.
Yeah but winning is about strategy and the Eagles just as much as anyone use all they can all season to even get to the Super Bowl.
It all doesn’t matter how you get there, it’s all ligit part of the game rules and the team that uses those rules to the best advantage is just another aspect of good game play.

Wow who actually wrote the HT show script?

Boring.
Hypersexualized for a G audience. I mean a grown female masturbating on G TV is OK now? Grabbing at the crotch and posterior have been OK for awhile, but trashy and tasteless are supposed to be accepted. Disgusting.

So that's it. They have NO material so they just have songs about thug life and sexual acts with no love to fill 15 minutes and not even different outfits. A cow in vinyl and a couple of ill fitting coats and hybrid oompa loompas squid game dancers and unstable platforms with lousy sound.

Yeah not watching next year.

Last edited:
Were there any penalties for holding behind the offensive line? That is usually the first or second most common penalty in a game, and it is always called a few times as the offensive linemen push the referees of each particular game to see how much holding they can get away with. In this game, both teams were getting away with murder, which is fun for fans since it really opens up the passing game.

There were two big calls in favor of the Eagles, the "not caught" fumbled ball and a few plays later an Eagles receiver trapped the ball against his head with one hand while falling out of bounds, and that was ruled caught. That really made the previous decision of not caught look inconsistent.

The TV announcers are apparently not allowed to ever say there was a wrong call by a referee. The announcer proved himself an idiot literally before the first play when he said it was "controversial" for the Chiefs to defer possession to the second half after wining the coin toss. That is what every team does every time.

Wow who actually wrote the HT show script?

Boring.
Hypersexualized for a G audience. I mean a grown female masturbating on G TV is OK now? Grabbing at the crotch and posterior have been OK for awhile, but trashy and tasteless are supposed to be accepted. Disgusting.

So that's it. They have NO material so they just have songs about thug life and sexual acts with no love to fill 15 minutes and not even different outfits. A cow in vinyl and a couple of ill fitting coats and hybrid oompa loompas squid game dancers and unstable platforms with lousy sound.

Yeah not watching next year.
Agree. The main segment the NFL seems to be aiming at with this kind of stuff to me are likely only 10% of the ticket buying fans? So I dont get why or what the NFL thinks they accomplish by this type of changing of their products. The young folks with the most available disposable income they could use to buy NFL tickets simple have too many choices to spend those entertainment dollars on. NOT POLITICAL/SEXIST or RELIGIOUS. Even though I agree that type stuff I would not like to see on my Tv screen with my 9 year old grandaughter watching with me. At least I know now not to watch in advance.

That is what every team does every time.

Usually, but his point was Philadelphia has a very high score rate on the opening possession, and they did march it down and score. Notice in the second half KC got the ball first (obviously) and then did the same.

Everyone usually defers to try and get the double dip at the half... But that doesn't mean it's always the best strategy. That has only really started being a thing in the last 3-4 years. I remember watching a Seahawks game earlier in the year where the announcer made a similar statement after the Hawks deferred because they were 6-2 on the season at that point when they started with the ball.

Were there any penalties for holding behind the offensive line? That is usually the first or second most common penalty in a game, and it is always called a few times as the offensive linemen push the referees of each particular game to see how much holding they can get away with. In this game, both teams were getting away with murder, which is fun for fans since it really opens up the passing game.

There were two big calls in favor of the Eagles, the "not caught" fumbled ball and a few plays later an Eagles receiver trapped the ball against his head with one hand while falling out of bounds, and that was ruled caught. That really made the previous decision of not caught look inconsistent.

The TV announcers are apparently not allowed to ever say there was a wrong call by a referee. The announcer proved himself an idiot literally before the first play when he said it was "controversial" for the Chiefs to defer possession to the second half after wining the coin toss. That is what every team does every time.

Both of those calls were correct by the definition of the rules. The first one the player did not take a step or a "football move" and on the second the player had secured the ball before his second foot had left the turf.

yeah, I have always noted just how many non calls are made in games and also as of late just how inconsistent games have been called especially this past season.

Several school districts in New Jersey have caved in. They’re having 2 hour delayed openings on Monday. Responsible parents who put their kids to bed on time, who are not RI Ri fans have to shlub out 2 extra hours of daycare waiting for everybody else to sober up. What a world.
Many school districts in the Kansas City area will enjoy a 'Red Snow Day' so that teachers, students, etc. can attend our victory parade on Wednesday.

Sadly they've gone that direction so i no longer watch anymore.
I been a NASCAR fan since about 1967 , before you could even catch the Daytona 500 live on Tv. You actually got to watch the replay on the Monday after. But the last several years with all these rule changes etc.... I honestly dont have a clue how it even works anymore with all these different stages etc. I still catch a few races each year. I always liked the monster tracks like Daytona / Talladega and Charlotte. I do like some of the short tracks but favor the big boys were they can kind of stretch it out like they used to. Some of the demolition derby races are too crazy for me. A wreck every five miles etc... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back