I want the SuperBowl to be Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not anti sports and actually listen to sports talk programs on radio. But scheesch. Seems like the U.S. comes to a stop in the week before the Big Game. Probably why China is invading us with Balloons. Make it be over already!!😖
Well join the club. Live in Kansas and it's a Chiefs frenzy around here. With all that's going on, I wouldn't mind owning a liquor store 🥃.

I am not anti sports and actually listen to sports talk programs on radio. But scheesch. Seems like the U.S. comes to a stop in the week before the Big Game. Probably why China is invading us with Balloons. Make it be over already!!😖
Super Bowl afternoon/ evening is an awesome time to go shop at Home Depot. Place is a ghost town- have the store to yourself.

I wish people went this crazy for the World Series. I know I do lol. I’m not anti sports either just don’t watch or take interest in anything except baseball so tomorrow is just another day for me. We are probably going to be out doing DoorDash during the game. If not I’m going to sneak out to the parts stores or somewhere and look around. I haven’t watched a Super Bowl since Super Bowl 47 when we had a church party and chili contest. All I can remember is it was the Ravens and 49ers and there was a power outage sometime during the game so it was delayed for awhile. I couldn’t tell you anything about football the only things I know from football are field goal and touchdown and I have no clue what they mean or anything. I couldn’t tell you how many points got what or whatever. I don’t understand how football took over as americas sport when back in the old days it was baseball.

I wish people went this crazy for the World Series. I know I do lol. I’m not anti sports either just don’t watch or take interest in anything except baseball so tomorrow is just another day for me. We are probably going to be out doing DoorDash during the game. If not I’m going to sneak out to the parts stores or somewhere and look around. I haven’t watched a Super Bowl since Super Bowl 47 when we had a church party and chili contest. All I can remember is it was the Ravens and 49ers and there was a power outage sometime during the game so it was delayed for awhile. I couldn’t tell you anything about football the only things I know from football are field goal and touchdown and I have no clue what they mean or anything. I couldn’t tell you how many points got what or whatever. I don’t understand how football took over as americas sport when back in the old days it was baseball.
As nuts as I go for the world series, even I can't endure that marathon. Life gets in the way after 2 days.

Ya got nothing to complain about really. In Phoenix this weekend is the Superbowl and the biggest pro golf tournament in the US. 1 million people are expected to come for both events. A travel nightmare for anyone living in the metro area.

A thoughtful tally I heard on the radio cited half the Championship football games as being mismatches.
If your plans include watching or attending the Superb Owl, I hope you have a good time.
The name, "Superb Owl" was used by a comic on TV. He mentioned the tightly held proprietorship of the real name by the NFL. They can hold onto their property as hard as they want. I'd accept any rebate in my cable bill for the game's omission.
The organization which smeared a 'brain doctor's' name and reputation is unforgivable.
I transfer some of those feelings to fans who aren't repulsed by those actions.
Hey, consumerism is king.

I'm miles from home presently and will likely drive back tomorrow during the 'big game' with fewer cars. I don't need any car stuff.

MY SPORTS HISTORY: Feel free to skip over.
Sports never blew my skirt up. I could never do them at school due to absence of coordination. Being called (word rhyming with 'bag') wasn't effective encouragement. With time I attended several baseball games, both MLB and MiLB. I've been to several leagues' hockey games. One NBA game in 1972 or 3 and a horse race. There were so many losers at the horse race I couldn't believe it.
What a garbage experience that was even though I was with the owner of half of one of the horses running.

The hurling match I saw in Ireland was a great experience though I had no clue what was going on.

I went to 2 NFL games which were guaranteed to be so bad I got the tickets for nothing; and I must say, they were worth every penny I paid. I have attended 2 New York State League football games and being close to the action for $6 (at the time) was indeed worth it.

The promotion of most anything is amplified and made more obnoxious by broadcast.
If I told you how I feel about sports gambling, I'd likely be banned for reasons of repeated profanity.
Not everybody knows how to turn off a TV or radio.

I am a Mets fan and believe hockey is the best sport for action. I think women's basketball is great (Go UCONN).
And who doesn't like a good 'throwing up contest' at a bar?

Don't get into all the pregame BS, only watch at kickoff, turn the channel for half time, then back to the game till the end. All the pregame hype will be about Mahomes, nothing against the guy, but GO EAGLES.

I wish people went this crazy for the World Series
I have zero interest in NFL football but I have been to a few super bowl parties. You can plan your super bowl party 6 months in advance, and its always on a Sunday. World series game 7 is once in a while with what 2 days notice. That likely has much to do with it.

I have zero interest in NFL football but I have been to a few super bowl parties. You can plan your super bowl party 6 months in advance, and its always on a Sunday. World series game 7 is once in a while with what 2 days notice. That likely has much to do with it.
How to make the world series interesting:

Neutral city

One game only

Pitcher can only pitch in one inning (minimum of nine pitchers needed)

Imagine the strategy required when a manager can only use a pitcher for one inning

Never happen, five to seven games generate a lot more advertising than one massive game..... but if MLB would do the above, it would definitely generate much more interest in the World Series. But as always- follow the money.

This whole country has developed shiny object syndrome.

baby.jpg

I don’t even watch NFL football. I’m a college football fan. I do however watch the super blow every year. I never care who wins and typically skip watching the half time stuff. I hate how the game is on so late on a Sunday though. Why not have it start at like 3 or 4pm eastern? Or have it on a Friday or Saturday? Most people have to get up early for work Monday morning. A whole lot of idiots party down then call in sick or go in hungover and tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back