I want the SuperBowl to be Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya got nothing to complain about really. In Phoenix this weekend is the Superbowl and the biggest pro golf tournament in the US. 1 million people are expected to come for both events. A travel nightmare for anyone living in the metro area.
Yup... Being parked on the 101 is something to experience. Humanity at its finest.

Don't get into all the pregame BS, only watch at kickoff, turn the channel for half time, then back to the game till the end.
^ I record the game then start watching what I’ve recorded an hour or so after the game starts. This way I can fast forward through all the BS and by the end, I’ve watched an entire superbowl { the actual game } in just a couple of hours.

Ya got nothing to complain about really. In Phoenix this weekend is the Superbowl and the biggest pro golf tournament in the US. 1 million people are expected to come for both events. A travel nightmare for anyone living in the metro area.
You know, it's actually not bad at all. I thought it was going to be bad but I've been driving from central Phoenix to Peoria via the 10 & 101, passing the stadium everyday and I've had no traffic. Today I passed it at 3pm and 8pm. Tomorrow is probably gonna be rough. I think I'l take the 51 to the 101 and loop around.

E8955655-D1D3-448F-AF97-FFB7156D0840.jpeg

I was never really into sports but always watched all the major events and even lost interest in that. I DO find college sports much better since moving south when one of our teams are doing well.

I could care less either way about “pro” sports, it’s just me I guess. Go ahead it’s ok, flame me but I can’t buy into this corporate sports enterprise and god like status and incomes of people playing ball.

I think it’s become insane, the marketing, the money, to me it’s almost like a science fiction movies of decades ago. The crowds and money at stake. I feel “played” by supporting it.
Still watch at times if just for the half time show or out of interest to see what’s happening in a particular game but I think the only thing I really ever care about anymore is the Olympics.

Last edited:
I've never watched a super bowl in my life. unless I'm held at gunpoint, I never will. just never cared for "ball" sports. watching the oil drip from my oil pan during a change is more entertaining than watching football. not only that, but I also find it therapeutic :cool:

I am not anti sports and actually listen to sports talk programs on radio. But scheesch. Seems like the U.S. comes to a stop in the week before the Big Game. Probably why China is invading us with Balloons. Make it be over already!!😖
YES!!!! By the time of Kick Off most will have had enough or even forgotten who is playing who. Football fans across the globe will be full up of enough chicken wings , pizza pies , beer / booze and snacks to sink an ocean liner. I just cant wait (NOT) for the vainglorious part that is getting worse each year. The horrendous and always wildly overblown half time shows.

How to make the world series interesting:

Neutral city

One game only

Pitcher can only pitch in one inning (minimum of nine pitchers needed)

Imagine the strategy required when a manager can only use a pitcher for one inning

Never happen, five to seven games generate a lot more advertising than one massive game..... but if MLB would do the above, it would definitely generate much more interest in the World Series. But as always- follow the money.
Thats sort of what they did to Nascar and it ruined it for me. Well, that and COT, and getting rid of all the small tracks, and the big corporate teams, and the oppressive rules and fines that killed small teams. But easier to simply blame it on the chase. HA!

I've paid little to no attention so far. I'll watch a little, certainly won't stay up late to watch it, and check my ESPN app tomorrow morning at 4:30am when I get up.

Didn't notice.

Maybe I'll check if all the Jüngling lager, good corn chips and good salsa and starowiejska have been grabbed up.

On second thought, I am not going anywhere near the grocery store this afternoon!
People have been driving around like it's the end of the world the past couple months.

Why?

Last edited:
I used to work with a guy who was a huge Tour de France fan. He'd take time off of work, to stay home and watch it on TV. He would burn most of his vacation time doing this.

And yet I never saw the guy ride a bicycle even once. I ride a road bike 3000-3500 miles a year, and have never watched any of the Tour at all.

I am with you. I enjoy the games leading to the Super Bowl but cannot stand the big game. Tired of the commercials for sports gambling. Worse than election time.

Several school districts in New Jersey have caved in. They’re having 2 hour delayed openings on Monday. Responsible parents who put their kids to bed on time, who are not RI Ri fans have to shlub out 2 extra hours of daycare waiting for everybody else to sober up. What a world.

Last edited:
I was never really into sports but always watched all the major events and even lost interest in that. I DO find college sports much better since moving south when one of our teams are doing well.

I could care less either way about “pro” sports, it’s just me I guess. Go ahead it’s ok, flame me but I can’t buy into this corporate sports enterprise and god like status and incomes of people playing ball.

I think it’s become insane, the marketing, the money, to me it’s almost like a science fiction movies of decades ago. The crowds and money at stake. I feel “played” by supporting it.
Still watch at times if just for the half time show or out of interest to see what’s happening in a particular game but I think the only thing I really ever care about anymore is the Olympics.
Totally agree. It is all happening right before our eyes. Corporate money corrupts something again. It reminds me of the 70s science fiction movie James Caan stared in as the anti establishment hero, RollerBall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back