Elon pandering to the CCP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a surprise. He loves China....as China builds a 21st Century Police State.

He should just keep his mouth shut.

Things went from "China will overtake U.S. in economic growth" to "lost decade" and "unemployed youth" and "potential collapse" in a short time. All that central planning is coming back to bit them.

They can still do it, but the challenge is now greater.

Posts like these end up getting locked or removed. He knows what china is capable of. Best to stay quiet and keep making teslas in there.

Yep that's Elon, there was a time I liked him, that ended for me. What a joke is right. ;)
Same here. I respect his work ethic, vision and job creation. But he's a walking hypocrite that says a lot of really stupid things. He's not the genius people think he is.

Same here. I respect his work ethic, vision and job creation. But he's a walking hypocrite that says a lot of really stupid things. He's not the genius people think he is.
I agree, IMO he know how to play the right people, he's actually pretty good at it. I hope/think it ultimately bites him on the ass. ;)

He's a hypocrite. Talks a big game about free speech but sets up shop in China's police state for cheap labor. What a joke.
You mean like every other worldwide auto manufacturer? I swear everyone that jumps on the Musk China bandwagon parrots the same crap while GM builds cars there that are shipped to the US to be sold in the US market. China is a huge market for the auto industry and it wouldn't make sense to build cars here to ship to them to sell there. If it wasn't for China keeping them alive, Buick would be axed. That's why we get Chinese made Buicks here.

You mean like every other worldwide auto manufacturer? I swear everyone that jumps on the Musk China bandwagon parrots the same crap while GM builds cars there that are shipped to the US to be sold in the US market. China is a huge market for the auto industry and it wouldn't make sense to build cars here to ship to them to sell there. If it wasn't for China keeping them alive, Buick would be axed. That's why we get Chinese made Buicks here.
Yeah everyone ignores that ford, gm, vw, ect all make cars there too. And not just for the Chinese market but to also export to the west.

That’s the dilemma 😉

The US has and still recognizes Taiwan as an integral part of PRC. He didn't say anything controversial.

Also there is a long term historical attraction to Buick in China that originated way before they went communist.

Elon has more problems in China then the US media has been reporting. China has MANY other EV companies that are competing against Tesla, and like everything China, the products competing are selling for WAY under a Model 3 sticker price.

In other words, Elon's investments in China might go up in smoke in a few years, imo.

That’s the dilemma 😉
Keep in mind that Teslas have a much higher average of US parts content than nearly every other car sold in the US. In the case of the Model 3 there's only 2 cars that have more US parts content, and they're lower production specialty cars, namely a specific version of the Mustang and the C8 Corvette. I get that Musk does a lot of business in China. He seems to do a lot more business everywhere though. I think the guy is nuts and annoying, but he sure seems to be trying to build an American car. No one would be surprised if the US parts content was low and then you may have an argument. That's just not the case though.

The US has and still recognizes Taiwan as an integral part of PRC. He didn't say anything controversial.
The US bends the knee too. Tensions are high enough as it is. Surprisingly this president has done some good and has restricted outbound investments and access to sensitive technology to china. So expanding on the prior administration is going to raise tensions even more. Best raise them in a meaningful way instead of an unmeaningful way.

If TSMC suddenly decided to stop doing business with Tesla based on his recent opinion of Taiwan maybe it would knock some sense into his brain.

The guy is a genius but he goes off on these tangents that gets everyone scratching their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back