I want the SuperBowl to be Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now we have a Black National Anthem
nothing new...
Despite your insinuation that it's a new thing, the poem was written in 1900, and set to music in 1905.
in 1917 the NAACP started Promoting the song as the "Negro National Anthem" understandably now changed to "Black National Anthem"

Learn your History.

Is it bad to be aware that the country is made up of people from varying backgrounds, cultures, and customs? Am I to tell my nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends that I can't respect this song because it's "just more wokeism"? If you read the lyrics, it's actually a very good song.
What's wrong with the song that unifies a whole nation rather than separates ones race?
You are correct "the country is made up of people from varying backgrounds, races, cultures and customs"

What made this nation great was and is we are a giant melting pot, all equal.
We all did and should still all be unifying as human beings, regardless of race, color, sex, under one proud national theme and flag. We are all the same, all human, all equal. We are Americans!

Instead one proposes to pay attention to just one race out of the whole world and nation? What about religion, sex, cultures, nationality?
This is what divides a nation and its a huge mistake to think otherwise, it tears the fabric of a nation apart, happens all around the world but all of a sudden an agenda/idea that sounds good (maybe planted by an adversary), interesting it ALWAYS starts in the universities, think about that, divide us up. It never, ever ends well. Why do you think rogue governments seize the universities?
Adversaries know it, "united we stand, divided we fall" No one can deny it, read up on history, it ALWAYS repeats itself.

Humans ALWAYS want power over others, once you nicely carve up a nation, one segment of society will try to control the weaker segments, Look around the world.
"and so ends the sermon of the day" :whistle:

(just discussing here, I just dont know how many people give this some deep thought)
I live in a country where in my eyes, we are all equal, all the same and no one segment of society is to be treated different than all the others, except criminals of course!

Last edited:
Adversaries know it, "united we stand, divided we fall" No one can deny it, read up on history, it ALWAYS repeats itself.

Humans ALWAYS want power over others, once you nicely carve up a nation, one segment of society will try to control the weaker segments, Look around the world.
"and so ends the sermon of the day" :whistle:

(just discussing here, I just dont know how many people give this some deep thought)
I live in a country where in my eyes, we are all equal, all the same and no one segment of society is to be treated different than all the others, except criminals of course!
Well said....and many of those 'adversaries' aren't foreign but reside right here....they DIVIDE us for their power.

Well said....and many of those 'adversaries' aren't foreign but reside right here....they DIVIDE us for their power.
That is correct... You're from my old home state BTW.
I'll refrain from commenting further in this thread. Not sure if I am pushing the limits or not. Ill error on the side of caution.
Im just proud of this country and we all came from someplace else. Both my grandparents came from overseas through Ellis Island a very long time ago. My wife from Asia a long time ago, on her own, most her family still back home. Did it all the correct legal way, college educated went right to work for a company when she arrived. She LOVES this country, doesnt expect special treatment, never got it, worked hard, very successful. Even as a kid, all she dreamed was to come to the USA, she left her whole family at the age of 21 for the "dream" sometimes her friends would bring her American stuff as a kid and dont misunderstand, she grew up in a very privileged lifestyle in her home country and it bothered her. Im only saying this is she did not come here to escape poverty, she down graded her lifestyle coming here but this was America!

Another interesting thing, true story. She has a sibling, who at one time sort of may have wanted to come here too, in-between another family member did. SO they put in an application for her and her family to come here legally.
TRUE STORY, do you know it took 15 Fifteen years to get notified that she and her family is approved.

Reactions: pbm
The third verse of The Star-Spangled Banner, which is never sung in public, is about slaves needing to stay in their place. During the War of 1812, the British recruited American slaves to run away and join their army, on the promise that if they succeeded to Take Back America, the new British government would abolish slavery in the States(*). The writers of the national anthem did not want that.

(*) a rather bold claim, since the government in London was dragging their feet on passing definitive abolition at home, it would not occur until 1833.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back