I think I need a new oil for my 03 Sportster

Status
Not open for further replies.
amsoil 20-50 in my 06 sporty both holes never addeded between yearly changes, the amsoil 20-50 synthetic premium is wet clutch compatible for a less than the motorcycle specific oil

Indeed, the Sportster is a quasi shared sump system versus a complete unit system like the big twin EVO and Twin Cams. The primary and trans share the same oil, while the Engine is separate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: quarterliter
Ha well I guess I'll stick to giving advice on sportbikes

Most sport bikes have a shared sump too,so shockproof heavy will do the same thing in a sport bike as it does in a Harley.

Maybe some time learning about bikes would help you as far as recommending fluids for them

I have more than a few friends who REALLY praise Amsoil in their HD's. quieter, better shifting. In my Buell, (engine made by Harley) I have run Mobil 1 a few times and right now Valvoline VR1. I like the VR1 better than M1 in my application: quieter, less oil consumption (I was using more than 1 qt M1 every 2k miles) and it seeps a little less. I suppose I should try Amsoil but I find it hard to justify in the Buell. (thumper. miserable paint shaker!)

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
one of my friends runs Castrol 4T...

Hopefully not the dino white bottle Castrol 4T. That stuff is utter garbage.

NOTHING castrol!!! they are the ones that blurred the word "synthetic" years ago, now its hard to know what your spending your $$ on, support john forces BIG mouth i think not!!!!

Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere
John Force backed up that big mouth with 15 championships. Not too bad. Hes still got time for a couple more.

Haha, so true. It ain't bragging when you can back it up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back