I May be the Reason You Get Woken Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Labman, you have to understand that the vast majority of tornado warnings are issued as a result of rotation visible on Doppler radar, and not an actual sighted tornado.

Read my posts.
No, the idiots here are sounding them for every storm whether there is any sign of a tornado or not.

Well, probably you can thank the Lawyers' Monopoly for that... Dare take a chance??? I think not! Some lawyer will be padding their pockets with the town's money if someone sues over getting injured by any storm related thing that they could have been warned over... Why not? A lawyer can get a new car or boat on a case like that!

Seriously...

The problem is that with proper warning, more 'chasers' will be out to get into trouble.
BTW, nice work - it is way above my present understanding!

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
The problem is that with proper warning, more 'chasers' will be out to get into trouble.
BTW, nice work - it is way above my present understanding!

You might remember a case that will likely be in my final paper. It was the big storm that went through last year on August 4, 2008.

Originally Posted By: labman

No, the idiots here are sounding them for every storm whether there is any sign of a tornado or not.

We're all sorry to hear you live in constant terror of the dreaded 'Sherriffnado!'
smirk2.gif

Nyquist, when will you publish your paper?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Geonerd
labman said:
Nyquist, when will you publish your paper?

Provided all goes well and on schedule, I'll submit it this summer/fall. From there it goes through peer review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back