I didn't expect FedEx tracking to get worse

FedEx tracking has never been reliable here, and the expected delivery date has usually been off by one day, with delivery occurring mostly one day early. Shipments used to be trackable via Travel History. A current shipment from Texas was scheduled for delivery on Sunday. As of right now, the last scan happened in Dallas on Saturday. On FedEx Live Tracking the location is shown on the map as St. Louis. "Delivery Pending." The package is now more than double the distance from the destination. Dallas has a FedEx hub in Dallas. What's my package doing in Missouri?:unsure:

I know my last 3 Fedex from US have all been late by exactly 2 days. Plenty of storms in past days that they are still dealing with logistics wise.

I ship and receive stuff regularly with FedEx. International Priority often takes 3 days to the U.S. (depending on location), but takes over a week to get here. If you were to choose Economy shipping, I find tracking is absolutely horrible.

Fedex routinely delivers packages to my neighbors, and I get their packages as well. It has to be a dyslexic driver or something.

Last Friday, I had to chase down my UPS driver in the next town over, to get a package that was on the truck and he forgot to/failed to deliver to me.
Otherwise, it would have been Monday. Just like everything else, they're all rubbish when it comes to doing their jobs.

My package made it to Tracy, CA. The current tracking history is as follows:

Tuesday, March 16, 2021
3:56 AM TRACY, CA Arrived at FedEx location

Friday, March 14, 20121
8:53 PM DALLAS, TX, Arrived at FedEx location
12:00 AM, MESQUITE, TX Picked up

There used to be an entry for Saturday, at which time the package was in St. St. Louis, MO.
The 12:00 AM pickup in Mesquite showed up to day for the first time. Clearly, FedEx is doing revisionist editing of the tracking info.

Here, UPS has always had the better tracking and better prediction of the delivery date. FedEx also left packages that required a signature on my front door step or in my driveway. That's in the city. Given a choice, I go with UPS. I had no choice this time.

Could be worse, you could have paid a hundred bucks to get it there today and UPS makes it "delayed" and yellow at 3:00 PM then turns it green and on time for delivery tomorrow...

UMM no, that is not on time.

DHL is okay for the most part. Overseas shipments tend to be delivered by DHL. I see UPS, FedEx and DHL trucks pass by my house all day long. It's not like they are not out there.
Yeah they used to have a big place here where I am back when they had the Orange vans instead of yellow ones. I am old enough to remember that lol.

Tracking has again be edited. Now it says my package was picked up in Garland. Before it said Mesquite.

I wonder how many of the recent problems with UPS and FedEx are related to the service many companies are using now where a package starts out being shipped by one of the two companies, then is handed off to the USPS for final delivery. I hate it when businesses use this. My whole purpose for using UPS or FedEx is avoid using USPS. They are so unreliable, and their tracking system absolutely sucks...

I’ve found that they use multiple tracking numbers and some are based upon gps while others are based upon something else. My packages are all messed up and delayed, the 1-800 is worthless, the people and website all have different information.

I wonder how many of the recent problems with UPS and FedEx are related to the service many companies are using now where a package starts out being shipped by one of the two companies, then is handed off to the USPS for final delivery. I hate it when businesses use this. My whole purpose for using UPS or FedEx is avoid using USPS. They are so unreliable, and their tracking system absolutely sucks...
I wish usps was delivering. My packages are right from FedEx ground and they can’t keep track of them. USPS would have cost less and been more definite.

Back