I cleaned my engine bay today

Lol...I have three teens who have spent their lives watching me do things and never once have they even expressed interest let alone actually attempt ANYTHING...lol

The good old days when kids imitated their parents.

Hey, that hose did such a good job on the motor let’s try it on the inside of the car. That will make it clean really quick.

The good old days when kids imitated their parents.

Hey, that hose did such a good job on the motor let’s try it on the inside of the car. That will make it clean really quick.

I've seen videos of people doing that at self wash stations, yikes!

Power steering pump with a slight leak I once had and I took a little fluid out and replaced with stop leak and it worked.

Power steering pump with a slight leak I once had and I took a little fluid out and replaced with stop leak and it worked.
Maybe I'll consider that when it's 20 years old. I tend to shy away from those products unless it's a car that I know is on it's way to scrap. They do have a place in the market though. The leak appears to be VERY slow / small and it may stay that way for the next 5 years. Who knows. I'll keep an eye on it and likely try and replace the pump myself if needed. I've never done a power steering pump before, but just looking at the location it appears is would be a relatively simple job.

On your new Ford? Did you try the dealer for a warranty fix?
Over the decades. I find on warranty repairs unless something fell off or it is stone dead, it is always, "Customer states XYZ, Later in the day they hand me the keys ... Technician could not replicate issue that this time" .

This reminds me I might hit the connectors with MAF cleaner. the next time it acts up, but its more likely a poor crimp or a cold solder from the male MAF pins to the circuit "board"

whenever i help a freind or family with a car issue and i see the engine compartment dirty, i break out the pressure washer and degreaser and clean it up. i hate working on dirty engines. never had an issue washing engines.

How are you supposed to get "sexy mechanic's hands" working on a clean engine?!

mechanicwithgreasydirtyhands.jpg

Back