I Can Feel an OCI Coming On

On this episode: Meet Mary. She thought she could go more than 50000 miles without ever changing her oil. She got hooked on the idea that her car was so good it never needed to be serviced so she drove it every day until, one day, she had to face reality.

Oh I'm in.
Are you describing an infomercial for lifetime fluids?

Lol, all fun kidding on this thread aside...

There is nothing wrong with your maintenence schedule. That you actually worry about a change let alone do one is just simply stellar. ;>

If you do short trips and only accumulate 4k miles in a calendar year, yes. Yes I'd change oil at the very least annually, by the calendar rather than by the odometer.

If you accumulate 5k miles within half a year, I'd still change it. If I read properly you're running a hybrid car? All of the start- stop- they cycle through can accumulate moisture and contaminants that simply don't cycle out like a full time gas engine can simply burn off with an extended highway run.

Change away and enjoy the knowledge that you're doing far better than most for your car. And as other brilliant minds above stated: save your old oil jugs or milk containers to fill with your used fluid. Recycle or return to the store you bought new oil from and cruise easy. ^.^

Back