I believe this was in Georgia...so, hold my beer!

Yep, good old Georgia. The idiots that park an emergency vehicle in the fast lane of opposing traffic without closing
the lane should be charged. It's amazing how incompetent these "first responders" have become. We're lucky nobody was killed.

In fairness to everyone

The towruck appears to be loading in an open interstate lane - no excuse to the car, still pretty foolish.

The driver of the car was from Tallahassee. There is a Tallahassee GA, but with population 32 I presume they Mean Florida.

Pretty quick response time on the part of the LEO. I would be standing there saying WT? and he was already running.

Thanks for posting.

This was on highway 84 in Lowndes County, Georgia. It isn't an interstate but it does lead to I-75. Lowndes County is a border county with the state of Florida and obviously the 21 year old female was heading home. The tow truck had no lights nor was the lane that it was parked in closed by the State Patrol. This was another example of the clowns running the circus.

hwy 84 Lowndes County.JPG

Here there would have been law enforcement parked behind with flashers on, maybe a safety patrol truck with lights on etc.
Wonder if that person will sue.. that's messed up.. not even any tow truck lights or brake? lights.

It's amazing how incompetent these "first responders" have become.

I've seen it four times now where the "first responders" have left their Opticom emitters on (which keeps the traffic signal green) even though they are stopped and dealing with an incident.

So far, 2 times fire, 2 times police.

One time I actually called the police dept dispatch and ask them to tell the officer to turn the Opticom off because the traffic signal wasn't changing and traffic was backed up as far you could see. (The officer had a car stopped several hundred feet up the side street from the traffic signal, and was completely oblivious to the problem she was causing).

You'd think that would've been the end of it?

No, same PD (Manassas, VA) did it again 2 months later..

Sorry, but if you're too brain dead to remember to turn it off after you stop to deal with the vehicle you pulled over, maybe you ought to be flipping burgers instead of carrying a gun and wearing a badge??

Any occupants in that car that took that flight will never be the same for the rest of their lives. While they may have survived the ordeal I would give you great odds on any bet that they have serious spinal problems for the rest of their life and probably other problems also. Standard run of the mill automobile has nowhere near the shock absorbing protection required for an average citizen to withstand the jolt that would be experienced when Landing from that height. As to the cause of the accident. Well the driver of the vehicle may be partially at fault, it appears that the back of the tow truck had very little discernible color difference from that of the road and as it was already posted I don't see any flashing lights on the back of the tow truck pickup truck.

That whole setup with that tow truck looks like an accident waiting to happen, and it did happen.

If a tow truck with that lack of discernible color difference and no flashing lights were to set up like that on a day with a light rain and overcast clouds with a gray sky with poor lighting even an attentive driver may have very little distance between the time they notice it and they reach the tow truck. Again that whole setup looks like an accident waiting to happen. Hopefully somebody will take note of this and put into Force requirements of flashing lights and other warnings before a driver would reach a tow truck like that that would prevent it from happening again.

All of the police (and there were a lot of them there, having just arrested a driver for ... something ...) were on the other side of the median. Traffic on the southbound side was completely normal except for a tow truck inexplicably parked in the left travel lane with the ramp down and no lights on. The car that was to be towed away is not visible anywhere. Ordinarily a tow truck in a non-emergency situation such as this will follow traffic rules to reach the scene in the proper travel direction, then back up close to the car that is being towed, and finally put the ramp down to winch it on board.

20 bucks says they were glued to their phone.
That's really tiresome. You can see and hear the car brake --hard-- before impact. That's probably what brought the attention of the cop that started running early. There is no reason to blame the victim here, this is entirely on the numbskull who parked his truck in an open travel lane and the numerous cops who let him stay there.

The TV won't tell you this but cars also crashed a lot before cell phones existed.

Last edited:
Even though the driver should have been more careful by watching the road, police should have definitely closed that lane at least 50 yards ahead with cones, flares , lights, etc. Even the truck's parking lights seems to be off.

Yep, good old Georgia. The idiots that park an emergency vehicle in the fast lane of opposing traffic without closing
the lane should be charged. It's amazing how incompetent these "first responders" have become. We're lucky nobody was killed.
The GSP is too busy cheating on the radar exam to learn how to direct traffic...

Should lose its accreditation. Used to be you could count on them to know their stuff and be polite and a good representative of the state ... no more.

I did not see any emergency lights flashing on the tow truck.
A lot of those larger light bars they tend to use have front and rear cutoff, so they can turn off the forward facing lights if needed/wanted.

I don’t think any amount of lights or a cop parked down the road a bit would have helped in this case. That car was hauling before it took flight, and all too often people ram into the back of fully lit up police cars and those red and blue lights are even more obnoxious than the usual amber of a tow truck.

Back