Hurry up with my order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing surprises me anymore. Maybe if I won the lottery, that would surprise me. This story got me thinking about a recent incident with a co worker though. He orders from a Taco Bell drive thru and waits at the window for his order. When he gets his order he checks it while still at the window and sees that it is wrong, so he tells the clerk who is still standing at the window what is wrong with his order. She proceeds to grab the bag out of his hand and throw each item back at him one by one. He pulls up into the adjacent parking lot and calls 911,(not sure why but okay). Cops come and tell the clerk to play nice and cites him for misuse of 911 and parking in a handicap zone. All said and done he ends up with $600 in fines possible jail time that was suspended into probation.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
mounties.jpg

Hi, I would like 2 meal #3 and 2 fresh cut combo for our friends here.

Quote:
The problem is, how much time do you devote to those things?

Well, let's back that up to the scene ...like I said, expediency ..not necessarily the least harsh manner of enforcement.

Perhaps this should evolve to drawing of the gun as the first resort? Why mess around with less harsh responses? Lethal force should be a deterrent that will save much time in getting compliance from those who challenge your supreme authority.

Sound good? Why dance around with all this powder puff silliness? Cut to the chase and gitter done!!

Again, Rodney would be pushing daisies. This grandma would have been de-escalated and calmed. Not forcibly pacified.

java,

If the LEO can't take down a 72 y/o woman without both of their weights hitting the ground, they need to impelment a different test before putting a LEO out on the street. If a LEO can't assess a situation & take the appropriate action based on that particular case (27 vs 72 y/o), he also doesn't need to be armed, including tasers! That is part of their job, take appropriate action for the particular situation which may change day-to-day or within the same day. The offense may be the same but required action may be totally different. Just another of the reasons why being a LEO shouldn't be left to the bottom rung of society, as seems to be the case more & more, especially here. I'm not sure how the embarrassment is endured by the LEO in this story. It sure wouldn't be easy around the folks I associate with. No jokes here, no sir.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour

I heard the audio of this a couple of weeks ago. She dropped the f-bomb on him several times and basically dared him to taze her. She was on the side of a busy street arguing with the cop about the ticket.

He must have told her 3 or more times to move or he would taze her. She continued her verbal abuse and non-compliance on the side of a busy street/road/highway.

So the only option left was that he would taze her.

She was on the air the next day saying how she was abused.

Then the audio came out, her dropping the f-bomb, being uncooperative etc.

The lady is lucky she wasn't just shot after that demonstration of behavior.

dropping F-bombs, yelling, at an officer doesn't deserve to be tazed. Are we in Iran?
grin2.gif
now, if she tried to hit him, I agree, taze away. If I get pulled over unjustly, I'm going to give the cop an earful. If I'm wrong, I'll own up. A badge doesn't make you the almighty and delve punishment as you see fit.

Last edited:
What you're seeing is the downside to "less than lethal" weapons. Since they are "less" lethal there is a tendency to use them when it isn't necessarily warranted. What would have happened if that woman would have had a heart attack from being tased? It happens. All because she was throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old. That cop was in no danger at that moment and shot her out of spite.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

I heard the audio of this a couple of weeks ago. She dropped the f-bomb on him several times and basically dared him to taze her. She was on the side of a busy street arguing with the cop about the ticket.

He must have told her 3 or more times to move or he would taze her. She continued her verbal abuse and non-compliance on the side of a busy street/road/highway.

So the only option left was that he would taze her.

She was on the air the next day saying how she was abused.

Then the audio came out, her dropping the f-bomb, being uncooperative etc.

The lady is lucky she wasn't just shot after that demonstration of behavior.

dropping F-bombs, yelling, at an officer doesn't deserve to be tazed. Are we in Iran?
grin2.gif
now, if she tried to hit him, I agree, taze away. If I get pulled over unjustly, I'm going to give the cop an earful. If I'm wrong, I'll own up. A badge doesn't make you the almighty and delve punishment as you see fit.

When you do those things in the context of disobeying a legitimate order by a law enforcement officer it does warrant using whatever means appropriate to control the situation.

You think you could have controlled it by other means. This officer decided that the taser was the best means.

That doesn't make him a bully. That doesn't make this Iran.

Freedom doesn't mean freedom from consequences. This lady decided to dare the officer to tase her.

He obliged her.

This lady has ZERO credibility, going on the media right after it happens saying she didn't resist, blah, blah, blah.

It's clear she did resist, by refusing to follow legitimate instructions.

I'm sorry, I have zero sympathy for her. She was a key player in creating the scenario where the officer felt his best course of action was to first warn her that if she continued, she would be tased, and then daring him to actually tase her.

She figuratively and LITERALLY asked to be tased. So why is she now complaining?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPCgwCS3viQ
Have you seen this video?
Sure, the woman behaved in a stupid manner, even irrationally.
So did the man in this video, the reason is unclear, it cost him his life.
I wonder if the cop with the 72 year old lady had seen this?
and if he had, would he have been so quick to use the taser?
If it was YOUR mother involved, how would you want the cop to deal with this situation?

Quote:
When you do those things in the context of disobeying a legitimate order by a law enforcement officer it does warrant using whatever means appropriate to control the situation.

Why? His fragile ego? Let's not hurt his self esteem. I mean being a kinder gentler human is just too much pressure for a malevolent stormtrooper to endure. We must be sensitive to his needs here.
frown.gif

Please. You're defending a j-o with a badge. They're out there. Live with it.

Quote:
Freedom doesn't mean freedom from consequences.
This is true.
Quote:
This lady decided to dare the officer to tase her.

..and if she had dared him to stick his head in a bucket of &*&*&?????

Quote:
He obliged her.

..and he could have just as easily not. He chose this course of action.

Quote:
This lady has ZERO credibility

So? What credibility does she need to get upset and get tasered and think that it's "unright". I think it's unright ..and so to many others. Was she wrong? Sure. Was she defient? Yep.

Do you think that she's what a reasonable person would call "criminal" ..worthy of criminal prosecution? I think you do, but I don't think you're a reasonable person.

Originally Posted By: expat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPCgwCS3viQ
Have you seen this video?
Sure, the woman behaved in a stupid manner, even irrationally.
So did the man in this video, the reason is unclear, it cost him his life.
I wonder if the cop with the 72 year old lady had seen this?
and if he had, would he have been so quick to use the taser?
If it was YOUR mother involved, how would you want the cop to deal with this situation?

Some people are so far out in La-La land that that can't believe that this could happen to them or a family member. It's the kind of mentality that allows totalitarian governments to take over countries.

So the officer represents totalitarian government and the lady represents a society that thinks the rules don't apply to her.

If she had more money, she would be running a brokerage house and have the mentality that she was too big to fail and deserves a bailout.

When I heard about this on the radio two weeks ago, the local officers who commented said it was a safety issue. Not the officers safety as much as her own. There was a concern about her wandering around on the roadside. Would she walk around the officer and into traffic trying to resist, etc.

But folks are not going to see anything but 72 when looking at this.

She, like so many others, didn't think the rules applied to her.

So now she can turn her disobedience into victim status.

I'm concerned more about folks unable to see that, given all the damage volunteer victims do to society already.

It's not that I'm an uncaring sort of person. I do care. Yet I see her behavior as much of what is tearing apart our nation.

And if my mom behaved like that, and the officer tased her, I'd still think the way I do today. I've been cuffed up for trying to have the roadside or parking lot in my case trial, and I was wrong, period. Spent the night in the jail thinking about my actions.

I will make sure my children understand that the officer is not the judge so don't argue.

There was a concern about her wandering around on the roadside. Would she walk around the officer and into traffic trying to resist, etc.

She was hoofing for the cornfield!

She was all over, she was heading back to her vehicle on the traffic side when the officer told her not to go there.

I don't know which clip you saw, but in the full clip she was walking all around, not just to the cornfield.

Quote:
So the officer represents totalitarian government and the lady represents a society that thinks the rules don't apply to her.

No. The officer was a symptom of a totalitarian attitude toward the public. The lady wasn't acting rationally at the moment. The officer was too stupid or too reactionary to handle the situation with anything less than a taser. He's an idiot and should be idled until the gloves really come off of the police state.

Quote:
There was a concern about her wandering around on the roadside.

Make up your mind. Either she deserved to get shocked into submission due to her disobedience ..or she was being protected from herself.

Which one appears most likely given the officers demeanor?

Don't get me wrong. I had a totally different disposition when a girl, who was illegally driving, kicked her shoe at an officer in lockup and got taken down. I realize the limits that a human can take and I never expect any human to endure everything thrown at them and not err under some stresses. Cops aren't machines. However, we pretty much got the full Monty on this scenario ..and this guy needs to lose his badge ..and I'd venture to say that he'd end up being subjected to the same attitude.

Originally Posted By: expat
Sure she needed correction/protection, to arrest her DID HE NEED TO TASE HER?

That's the basic debate here. Even if he was allowed by policy, was it required to do the job?

Just because you can, are you compelled to "do"?

Then again, as Julian ..and I think even Tempest asserts, anything not specifically excluded ..is 100% mandatory.

I've just known too many officers that have exercised their authority along the lines of excellence. This guy isn't of that class of human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back