Hurry up with my order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ..chilled monkey brains (I cannot simulate the cadence of the Breeteesh accent)
20.gif

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
Why is tofu more expensive than ground beef?

Are you comparing good quality tofu to low quality beef?

Originally Posted By: StevieC
If this happened in Canada, it would involve a Tim-Hortons and a drive-thru.

Except it would be an RCMP officer and a Taser in Vancouver...

Originally Posted By: Rabbler

On a horse!
LOL.gif

Then there would be a W5 special on it with that crony Loyd Robertson.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Rabbler

On a horse!
LOL.gif

Then there would be a W5 special on it with that crony Loyd Robertson.
crackmeup2.gif

He could be on foot ..

Hand over the burger or I'll let the dog loose on you!!

sgt-preston.jpg

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
the other day I saw on tv, a cop tazed a 80 yr old grandmother on a traffic stop. He claimed that she was trying to walk out in traffic and it was for her safety.
smirk2.gif

I heard the audio of this a couple of weeks ago. She dropped the f-bomb on him several times and basically dared him to taze her. She was on the side of a busy street arguing with the cop about the ticket.

He must have told her 3 or more times to move or he would taze her. She continued her verbal abuse and non-compliance on the side of a busy street/road/highway.

So the only option left was that he would taze her.

She was on the air the next day saying how she was abused.

Then the audio came out, her dropping the f-bomb, being uncooperative etc.

The lady is lucky she wasn't just shot after that demonstration of behavior.

A clip with more of the exchange, not just the tasing, but her refusal to obey a lawful instruction by a LEO.

What many don't realize is in TX, the refusal to sign the ticket, as she did, means the office can take her to jail.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=357843

She had plenty of opportunity to comply to reasonable and lawful orders and chose to goad the officer instead.

If she gets away with this, the tasing she got isn't enough punishment for her lack of respect for the law.

Being 72 and a great-grandmother is no excuse for her behavior.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
the other day I saw on tv, a cop tazed a 80 yr old grandmother on a traffic stop. He claimed that she was trying to walk out in traffic and it was for her safety.
smirk2.gif

I heard the audio of this a couple of weeks ago. She dropped the f-bomb on him several times and basically dared him to taze her. She was on the side of a busy street arguing with the cop about the ticket.

He must have told her 3 or more times to move or he would taze her. She continued her verbal abuse and non-compliance on the side of a busy street/road/highway.

Assuming all of this to be true, it is no justification for tasing a 72 year old woman.

Another thug with a badge, what a surprise. It must make decent cops cringe to hear of this trash.

He should have handcuffed her and arrested her. He is a sorry excuse for a cop, let alone a human being. If he can't handle a 72 year old woman without using a taser, he has no business being a police officer.

The job of a police officer is to enforce the law, not met out punishment.

I listened to some cops discussing this after viewing the clip.

The officer was in a bad situation regardless. If he bruised her cuffing her up, he's in trouble. If she struggles, falls and breaks a hip, he's in trouble, if he tases her, he's in trouble.

There is no winning scenario here for the officer. It's merely a question of how bad he's going to lose.

The 72 year old lady by her actions put the officer in a no-win situation. Any scenario short of her obeying a reasonable command is going to lead to him facing criticism for his actions.

Watch the full video, not just the short clip on youtube, and imagine how easy a 72 year old bruses, or would break a hip or other bone and tell me you want to be the officer forcing her into hand cuffs?

I think the taser was the right choice here. She was warned several times, dared the officer to do it, and cries foul when he did as he warned her he would do.

27 or 72, don't argue with the officer. The roadside is not a courtroom. If you want to plead your case, tell it to the judge, not the officer.

Quote:
Being 72 and a great-grandmother is no excuse for her behavior.

Sorry ..too easy a tool of choice these days.

In my opinion, Rodney King should have been shot by the C'HP officer that he advanced on before they tried to subdue him with batons.

OTOH, you don't just taser a person that can be contained in less draconian manners ..just because it's convenient and "you can".

He did not do this out of fear of injury to himself or to her. If I was a staff with a mentally challenged client in public that evidenced the same behavior, should I carry and be authorized to taser them?? Would putting a badge on me make it acceptable?

There's another shoe dropping here and to deny it is just foolish.

Effectively you're making torture a tool of law enforcement.

She may have had a mental problem.
In any case, would it not have been safer (for the lady) to be physically subdued, rather than Tazed, with possible life threatening consequences?
If the cop could not bring her to the ground, in a controlled fall, and cuff her, he should not be on the force.

That cop is employed to handle situations that aren't going down like they are supposed to. It's his job to deal with problems.

Which would make him look better, tazing the old women or handcuffing her? If she got bruised while being handcuffed the cop wold have a legitimate argument that he was trying to control her in the most humane way he could.

You made my argument when you mentioned the possibility of her falling and breaking a hip. Tazing her guaranteed that she was going to take a hard fall. Handcuffing her would only result in some bruiting if he's competent.

He was just another street punk with a badge letting his emotions control him.

Did you read what I said?

She probably would have bruised if he just cuffed her up anyway. She was resisting and if she fell, what are the odds of a broken hip, etc?

He gave her numerous chances to gain control of herself and comply. She refused every one of them and even DARED him to tase her.

He wasn't punishing her, he was trying to control the situation. She wandered towards the road during the full scene, she refused to sign the ticket, etc.

Should he have just let her drive away, thumbing her nose at the law?

Should he have tackled her? Ensuring she would probably suffer a broken bone when his weight came down on her?

I'm not saying his tasing her was done in punishment.

However, it's likely that's going to be the only consequence of this due to the inability of many folks to see past her advanced years.

They don't see the non-compliant person dropping the f-bomb and refusing to comply with reasonable and lawful requests. They see nothing more than the number that signifies her age.

If she was 27 instead of 72, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Why should it matter that she was 72? You don't comply with a legal order, and continue to resist, the officer needs to use the most appropriate means.

Given her age, and how fragile folks think she is, it seems there are NO GOOD CHOICES.

Any choice, short of just letting her go, is likely to end up in her being injured. Just wearing the cuffs would probably bruise her. Even if she cooperated with wearing them.

It's a no-win, regardless the means used by the officer.

Originally Posted By: XS650
That cop is employed to handle situations that aren't going down like they are supposed to. It's his job to deal with problems.

Which would make him look better, tazing the old women or handcuffing her? If she got bruised while being handcuffed the cop wold have a legitimate argument that he was trying to control her in the most humane way he could.

You made my argument when you mentioned the possibility of her falling and breaking a hip. Tazing her guaranteed that she was going to take a hard fall. Handcuffing her would only result in some bruiting if he's competent.

He was just another street punk with a badge letting his emotions control him.

Nope, if she fell being tased, it's only her weight on her. If he had to take her down, it would/could be BOTH their weights resting on her.

Tasing is less likely to break a bone in her body than him tackling her to the ground.

As I said, none were without risk, but tasing her seems to be the least likely to cause an injury. It avoids the situation where he would have to tackle her.

Quote:
Should he have just let her drive away, thumbing her nose at the law?

(don't attempt to latch on to this as an arguing point - it's a side note of "alternatives")
No ..but even if he did, and assuming she drove in a reasonable manner, what would be the harm of serving a warrant at her door ..or in the mail? Her identity was obtained. Her "crime" was video documented. How could she have "escaped" prosecution?

What you're attempting to justify arrogance under "rule of law". Basically it allows brutes to be brutes with impunity. If you're using laws to justify no other action than upholding the law for the law's sake, you're a brute. Sensible law enforcement isn't punitive. It's productive in terms of benefits to the society.

Let me put it this way. I want that cop's hysterical mother to run into someone JUST LIKE HIM ..and his sister ..his son ...his uncle ...his wife.

He may then go home and rethink his life.

I've de-escalated many a tense situation with no more than calming words. A wise officer knows when to serve the situation best ..and not just reach for the most convenient tool for dominion's sake. Some people just don't bend over (as they see it) easily.

Maybe call the meter maid, wait an hour for her to get there, let the old lady sit and stew until the 60 year old female dispatch officer gets there.

Sure, we can come up with all sorts of scenarios, and make a case for them.

The problem is, how much time do you devote to those things? An officer sitting there waiting, or making a second trip to serve warrant at her door step (how about on Mother's day) requires even more resources for police forces that are likely already strapped with more to do than time or talent to do it.

There are no good answers to such a problem.

The way I see it, as soon as she starts arguing with the officer, she is saying by her actions, that she doesn't want a judge to decide, but is asking for court right there.

You don't argue with the officer, period. This is what happens, right or wrong in many cases when you choose to get a trial on the roadside instead of presenting your case to the judge.

One is NOT being a brute when you say several times to stand in a certain place, to stop trying to get into your car, etc or you will be tased.

A brute doesn't give warnings.

He gave her ample time to compose herself, and she decided that she knew better than the officer about the situation and she was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back