HPL for 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5

Which HPL for the 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5. Spec calls for 0w-20.

Hpl offers
Euro formula
Premium passenger
Premium plus
Super car.

This will be for all season. So cold winter temps and hot summer temp. Located in NY.

Which HPL for the 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5. Spec calls for 0w-20.

Hpl offers
Euro formula
Premium passenger
Premium plus
Super car.

This will be for all season. So cold winter temps and hot summer temp. Located in NY.
Thick 0w-20 like PUP 0w-20.

I have used the 0w20 premium passenger car in 7 customer subaru FB25 FB20 engines and all have reduced oil consumption in varying amounts. I have used 0w30 and 0w20 premium passenger car engine oil in my own personal FB25. I do think FB subaru engines like HPL especially if they havent started consuming much between changes.

I have used the 0w20 premium passenger car in 7 customer subaru FB25 FB20 engines and all have reduced oil consumption in varying amounts. I have used 0w30 and 0w20 premium passenger car engine oil in my own personal FB25. I do think FB subaru engines like HPL especially if they havent started consuming much between changes.
That's great information. Ive been running amsoil 0w-20 since new and I do not burn oil. 62k on mine so far.
Have you used there CVT oil yet. Or there gear oil?

I have tried their 10W20 and 5W30 in the neighbor's FB25. There was less consumption with the 5W30 (surprise), but I think the rings are ultimately too gummed up for any chemical treatment to help.

That's great information. Ive been running amsoil 0w-20 since new and I do not burn oil. 62k on mine so far.
Have you used there CVT oil yet. Or there gear oil?
I've used their gear oil and look forward to trying the cvt oil

Start with the PCEO (“lowest”) tier that’s still better than anything you’ll find on a local shelf and go from there. Start at your 6k interval and do an in-service UOA if you’re interested in extending them.

I’m going to order the CVT fluid in a few weeks when I have time. I’ve been bugging Dave for awhile about it and they finally got it available, so I don’t want to languish. 👍🏻

Passenger car engine oil dosnt list 0w-20. Premium passenger car does list 0w-20

We used the regular HPL PCEO through the entire winter and the beginning of Spring. It will be just fine for your application as well.

In Australia for a 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5, you can use 0W20 or 5W30, if you want some more options.

I like to play with different top quality products and I like HPL small company style.

Shipping is a killer though. That's my only drawback right now.

The 15% is awesome, as is the price-per-quart with the 5-gallon pail, which go down pretty good relative to the other options. I paid $11.23/Quart my last two buckets. I get it, $280-$300 upfront is pretty steep!

Back