How to reglue these plastic around my jeep ? pix

Status
Not open for further replies.

And my windshield rear mirror is falling off ? what can I do to reglue it ?

in my headliner its sag a little bit, is their a cheap fix to fix it without redo the whole head liner ? its just a very small spot that sag. thanks

For the rear view mirror - follow the directions exactly! If it says use one drop of glue, use one drop. Two is not better in that case. (ask me how I know... :) )

I follow the direction and did the first time, i wait 45 min, then when I put the mirror in and tight the screw, the [censored] felt off, so I try again on different spot, wait 30 min and install the mirror, tight the screw and it stay !!, i try to kinda push it, but it wont move, look like it stay real good. i hope it stay for a long time lol.

3M Double Sided tape. A roll should be in every BITOGer's tool chest. Get the red covered one as its super adhesive. Could probably lift a car with it. I've used it for plenty of weather strips on cars and body trim.

Originally Posted By: Anies
3M Double Sided tape. A roll should be in every BITOGer's tool chest. Get the red covered one as its super adhesive. Could probably lift a car with it. I've used it for plenty of weather strips on cars and body trim.

I agree. I bought a roll of this a few years ago for a specific purpose. It has come in handy on a great number of different projects since then. It's a very good quality product that does a fantastic job.

You'd think that a mirror could be successfully held on with almost any modern glue, but they fail somehow.
Use mirror glue, and follow the instruction to the letter!
Clean the substrates well!
3M makes good stuff, but is high priced. Their standard trim adhesive will work great as well as the tape, but use care to keep it off of where you don't want it. Tape areas that are immediately adjacent for protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back