How-to on returning oil to FCP Euro for a refund

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last couple times I have bought oil from Jegs/Summit it has been packaged like it was nuclear waste. The bottle caps had a glued on paper seal, each bottle was in its own plastic bag with a twist tie, all the individual plastic bags were in a larger plastic bag and placed in a box, that box was in a plastic bag and placed in a larger box with enough packaging to insulate a house. Took forever to get the bottles on the shelf and filled my garbage can. I imagine the shipping rules have changed and if you are shipping oil back with something less than that, then rules aren't being followed.......not that I care as it does seem to be too much overkill.

The last couple times I have bought oil from Jegs/Summit it has been packaged like it was nuclear waste. The bottle caps had a glued on paper seal, each bottle was in its own plastic bag with a twist tie, all the individual plastic bags were in a larger plastic bag and placed in a box, that box was in a plastic bag and placed in a larger box with enough packaging to insulate a house. Took forever to get the bottles on the shelf and filled my garbage can. I imagine the shipping rules have changed and if you are shipping oil back with something less than that, then rules aren't being followed.......not that I care as it does seem to be too much overkill.
I ship it back exactly as I get it - in a single plastic bag with a zip tie all in a box.

The classic here it seems....post anything related to oil that isn't found or purchased at Walmart. Then the usual players come in with you can get XYZ at Wallyworld for $ABC which is really just passively saying "you're a moron for not buying XYZ at Wallyworld" which of course is an opinion that you are certainly entitled to - no issue with those comments. Then a comment is made about where someone buys there stuff/supports etc. followed by the concern by the same folks that this is somehow an issue b/c they don't know what a car enthusiast 'community' is. Have your last word saviors of the world of wall!

And to the perhaps statement? Perhaps you shouldn't be such an online forum jerk.
Considering that two of your stated reasons for purchasing a certain brand have been the cool looking container and that it glows under ultraviolet light, I shouldn’t have been too surprised that a third criteria is that it doesn’t come from Walmart.

As another FCP Euro fan (99 volvo), I have taken advantage of their lifetime guarantee but only with a control arm after an accident.

I wasn't even going to bother doing that as it was clearly NOT due to any natural wear or defect in the part. I happened to get an auto generated email from them reminding me about this policy so I clicked on the link and was greeted with examples of what customers turned in and FCPEuro saying they didn't care why the part was being returned (ie racing, damage, etc). So.. ok then. :)

worked well. When I stopped by there during a business trip, there was someone doing an exchange on oil but they lived locally. And I knew right then that I'd be doing that if I lived locally. I always wondered if people took advantage of this policy remotely. I can only see it working if you are organized and combine shipping like you mentioned. I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

I’ve bought a few grand from them for the wifeys car. Great place to buy parts from.

I just can’t make the math work for me on oil, but I’m okay with just Mobil 1 0w40 too. I buy my oil for about $13ish a jug with rebates and Mahle filters for $5.50ish. Plus, there’s the hassle of returning it. I’m going to use their warranty on bigger items like the throttle body and Sachs quick struts.

My Atlas uses half a $50 box of M1 0W-40 FS and one filter, crush washer, drain plug, and o-ring per change for a grand total of $13.

That's $38/year.

Not to mention the hassle and downright silliness of pouring used oil back into jugs, cleaning everything up, boxing it, and mailing it.

It's just a ridiculous thought to me, and it doesn't save enough money to be worth my time in the slightest.
Would just like to know how many litres in a $50 box? Looked it up and all I saw was a 20 litre box for M1 0-w40 FS without the price available.

Considering that two of your stated reasons for purchasing a certain brand have been the cool looking container and that it glows under ultraviolet light, I shouldn’t have been too surprised that a third criteria is that it doesn’t come from Walmart.
Yes, bottle design and UV glow are my primary reasons..hahahahaah. Do you understand joking around? I've stated it before but I'll do again b/c you and other seem to struggle here - I buy LM kits from FCP, shopdap, etc. b/c I like the convenience of an all-in-one kit delivered to my door from my phone. FCPs return policy works well for me so that's my go-to now for consumables which is the point of this post. The LM kits offer me an oil change with a quality filter and an oil that has the approval I need for about ~$60 delivered. I don't think LM is magical vs. M1 etc. and I don't believe I've ever stated as much anywhere here, FB, or any other corner of the internet I frequent. I like the retailers I use b/c they support a "community" which means a group of enthusiasts that often are on the forums/FB pages, go to car meets, cruises, clubs, events, etc. These retailers support it by having DIY videos etc., sponsoring events/cruises/track events, etc. Just like a local bike shop that supports your local cycling "scene", racing, etc. that charges more for their products/services than Walmart, I choose them over Wallyworld for my tubes/parts/etc. to support them.

I shop at Wally all the time....just there for a few things...can't say I know anyone that works there but I do like the nice young many that does the grocery pick up....actually emailed them to let them know what a good employee he is b/c not many I see are particularly engaged like he is....but I digress....

I use FCP Euro for our Volvo for the simple reason that it’s the cheapest place I can easily purchase oil that meets the Volvo spec VCC RBS0-2AE that‘s required for our XC90. It’s nice that they package it with everything I need too. For our other cars, I use Walmart mostly. FCP fills that need for me since Walmart (or any other parts stores) around here do not carry VCC RBS0-2AE spec oils.

Yes, bottle design and UV glow are my primary reasons..hahahahaah. Do you understand joking around? I've stated it before but I'll do again b/c you and other seem to struggle here - I buy LM kits from FCP, shopdap, etc. b/c I like the convenience of an all-in-one kit delivered to my door from my phone. FCPs return policy works well for me so that's my go-to now for consumables which is the point of this post. The LM kits offer me an oil change with a quality filter and an oil that has the approval I need for about ~$60 delivered. I don't think LM is magical vs. M1 etc. and I don't believe I've ever stated as much anywhere here, FB, or any other corner of the internet I frequent. I like the retailers I use b/c they support a "community" which means a group of enthusiasts that often are on the forums/FB pages, go to car meets, cruises, clubs, events, etc. These retailers support it by having DIY videos etc., sponsoring events/cruises/track events, etc. Just like a local bike shop that supports your local cycling "scene", racing, etc. that charges more for their products/services than Walmart, I choose them over Wallyworld for my tubes/parts/etc. to support them.

I shop at Wally all the time....just there for a few things...can't say I know anyone that works there but I do like the nice young many that does the grocery pick up....actually emailed them to let them know what a good employee he is b/c not many I see are particularly engaged like he is....but I digress....
So wait. You want convenience of delivering to your door and ordering over the phone, but then you have to repack it, and go to USPS, discuss with employee whether you can send it or not? Delivering to your door and then going to USPS are not adding up.
As for Wal Mart, you can go to AAP and get 5qt of Mobil1, Castrol, Pennzoil or Valvoline for $33 with MANN filter.
Though those oils do not glow.

So wait. You want convenience of delivering to your door and ordering over the phone, but then you have to repack it, and go to USPS, discuss with employee whether you can send it or not? Delivering to your door and then going to USPS are not adding up.
As for Wal Mart, you can go to AAP and get 5qt of Mobil1, Castrol, Pennzoil or Valvoline for $33 with MANN filter.
Though those oils do not glow.
I make one trip - to the post office. You have to make 2 trips - 1 to Walmart/AAP and 1 to recycle the old oil. 2>1. The glowing is very important to me so glad you picked up on it.

What's wrong with Liquimoly? Been working great for me.
Any oil that meets your engine's specs will work great for you. That's the whole point of lubricant requirements. The fact that you've spent multiple pages trying to shoot holes in replies to your original post shows your position is indefensible.

And if you were actually interested in supporting this mythical "euro car community", of which you appear to be its lone survivor, you'd just be BUYING the items from FCP Euro, rather than exploiting a ridiculous "lifetime warranty" on engine oil. YOUR methods will help drive that company out of business; they will not ensure a long, healthy lifetime for it. Somebody's gotta pay Liquimoly for those unicorn tears...

Pah, a budding influencer needs haters like others need a lot of love. In reality you all could certainly meet for a coffee, I'm the only dependable Bolshevik around. Have a look at your counter ;-)

FCP makes more than enough cash on their stuff. They even have a motorsports team 😂 They just don’t care.

If you want to save lots of money and defraud these guys you have to level up to the returning a cleaned up used/new aftermarket part in a genuine box scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back