How to ignore a user?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can access it by either hovering over the user's name:
Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.09.12 PM.png

Or clicking on it:
Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.09.50 PM.png

I almost ignored your post there. 😛 Click on the obnoxious person's username under the avatar. A window will open with three tabs at the bottom. The one in the middle is the ignore tab.

Going heavily OT for a second...

Good grammar is a courtesy to the reader. If you want folks to understand what you’re saying, then help them out by being clear.

So, in general, s is plural, ‘s is the possessive. s’ is the possessive plural.

“The person’s name” refers to one. “The persons’ name” refers to many. “The oil filter’s” refers to a property of the one filter, while “the oil filters” refers to many filters.

Just be careful of contractions, however, where the above doesn’t always apply...for example, where it’s is the contraction of it is, and the possessive of the pronoun is its.

The misuse of there, their, and they’re, along with you’re and your, force the reader to have to interpret your (possessive pronoun) post and what you’re (contraction of you are) trying to say...

I wish we could post Strunk & White as a reference on the forum...

Going heavily OT for a second...

Good grammar is a courtesy to the reader. If you want folks to understand what you’re saying, then help them out by being clear.

So, in general, s is plural, ‘s is the possessive. s’ is the possessive plural.

“The person’s name” refers to one. “The persons’ name” refers to many. “The oil filter’s” refers to a property of the one filter, while “the oil filters” refers to many filters.

Just be careful of contractions, however, where the above doesn’t always apply...for example, where it’s is the contraction of it is, and the possessive of the pronoun is its.

The misuse of there, their, and they’re, along with you’re and your, force the reader to have to interpret your (possessive pronoun) post and what you’re (contraction of you are) trying to say...

I wish we could post Strunk & White as a reference on the forum...
Or how to use an association … like “then” with time or sequence … “than” in a direct comparison …

You would have never known that English and Spelling were my favorite subject/subjects in school. I received straight A+'s.
I also won BOO KOO spelling bees. There was just one problem, they never made honey. :unsure:

Or how to use an association … like “then” with time or sequence … “than” in a direct comparison …
I've never understood how people mix those up. That's just basic grammar to me (without going into grammar "rules").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back