How often do you check your oil level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time my car is shut off, if the oil level is a quart low the oil pressure light comes on yellow for about 10 seconds.

I'll check it then just to make sure the light is still correct after 16 years of always being correct
smile.gif

Originally Posted by JLTD
Originally Posted by CT8
The oil light tells me I need oil.

BITOG Blasphemy!
lol.gif

^^^^^^^^
Totally agree
lol.gif

What a slacker CT8.

I check my car every week and the lady's Camry every week too.

Every few days. And Walmart reported that I was a half quart low. Which is probably good since they got to it before it had cooled off and drained down. Or bad, for the same reason and some was left behind.

Last edited:
On a vehicle that I know uses little if any oil, I check it at the first of every month, or before a long trip.

When I first get a vehicle, I check it weekly for about 2 months.

Weekly. Every Monday morning I check tire pressure, oil, trans fluid, etc... or right before a long drive or towing trip.

Couple days in a row after an OC, then monthly or less. Nothing consumes except the Harley.

Every month or so if I the car has a history of not using any oil.

If it is a user I check it about every weeks.

I don't check my oil, I make my 16 yr old daughter do it
laugh.gif

For my truck, every 1000 miles (usually needs a top-off between 1000-1500 miles).
On the Scion, 1/2 way through the OCI (2500 miles). It does not use any oil (although last oil change, it was down 1/4 qt at the end of the 5000 mile interval, but no drop at 2500 miles).
On the Santa Fe, monthly (around 700 miles), but have only had it for a few months, and it uses no oil so far. It is parked in the garage, so any drips would be very easy to spot.
On the bike, weekly (but has not needed any topoff oil).

I have 3 vehicles with direct pressure displayed live. Can check anytime on every drive, and watch them go up, and down in pressure as they heat up, and cool.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Traction
I have 3 vehicles with direct pressure displayed live. Can check anytime on every drive, and watch them go up, and down in pressure as they heat up, and cool.

Oops, I was thinking tire pressure, which I do more often.

If i announce my oil check frequency i'm afraid I'll be reported to mental facility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back