how much maintenance doseto usefor techron,gumout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all!:)i Had this info not too long ago. did a google and couldnt find much other than possibly,0.1 oz, per gallon. i seem to reember reading .75oz. a gallon.
i Use MMO alot, 4 ozs per 10 gallons. i drive a 98 corolla, has about 10.5 gallons, but i never go below quarter of a tank..thats 7 1/2 gallons too fill.
What would be the correct ratio, ozs. pergallon, as maintenance dose, of tehron concentrate or gumout high mileage, gumout too use? like the idea of adding, for fun, and for some extra additives:) i always use CITGO gas, advertising they use tri clean technology. not sure what that is, compared too additives mobil or shell would use, or better than citgo. do alot of stop n go driving.

I would use what is on the label for Techron. I think its once per oil change, but thats from memory.

As always, forget the MMO.

But Techron cannot fix everything. Severely clogged injectors need to be removed and cleaned.

Yeah ditch the MMO, bad for your catalytic converter. Use Techron or gumout or CRC emissions formula once or twice a year and dont worry about maintenance doses. I use CRC product maybe twice per year, whether it does much is hard to say..I would have to stick a cam into the spark plug holes to see if its actually in need of cleaning.

Ziggy-Stick with the MMO it will keep your fuel system clean and maintain nice clean injectors. It won't wreck your CC either. It does it on the cheap too. You can use techron one tank of gas before you dump your oil. MMO can be used all the time.

In my short spotty time here I see MMO draws a lot of attention. I noticed some people go out of their way to bash it. A few guys go out of their way to praise it. I've used it for a lot of years like a few other members have and my observations are similar to theirs, the stuff just works so I praise it.

If your looking for a great FI cleaner that can be used in small doses all the time have a look at Redline, it's good stuff too.

Search DEMAR PAINT he used it for about as long as I have. Maybe he will reply here.-RD

I agree rockydee...i saw MMO youtube promotions. claims it covers the etire fuel system immediatly after being added. i do know, carstarts smooth as butter! last week i out like 5 ozs in..i noted the tailpipe, the exhaust was reddish. that was interesting;) and did give off a peppermintish smell..
i wanna use techron or gumout as maintenance doses per tank! for a 10.5 oz tank, how much would i add each fillup?

Originally Posted By: ziggy
I agree rockydee...i saw MMO youtube promotions. claims it covers the etire fuel system immediatly after being added. i do know, carstarts smooth as butter! last week i out like 5 ozs in..i noted the tailpipe, the exhaust was reddish. that was interesting;) and did give off a peppermintish smell..
i wanna use techron or gumout as maintenance doses per tank! for a 10.5 oz tank, how much would i add each fillup?

you have a 10.5 oz gas tank?

if you mean 10.5 gallons, then use 10.5 oz of techron as it says on the bottle.

well car book ays 1..5gallons dry fill. even on empty, thiers usualy1-2gallons in the lines.
the idea,is too turn CITGO gas, into a chevron gas...get it??

well car book ays 11..5gallons dry fill. even on empty, thiers usualy1-2gallons in the lines.
the idea,is too turn CITGO gas, into a chevron gas...get it??

Ziggy- If my memory is serving me right today Techron was not designed to be used as a maintenance dose at each fill/up. Redline can be, I don't remember the ratio but it was somewhere around 1.5-2 ounces to 10 gallons, and you can stack it with MMO too, I've done it more times than I can count. I'd fire off an email to RL and ask for the maintenance dose ratio. They'll set ya straight.-RD

Originally Posted By: Donald
I would use what is on the label for Techron. I think its once per oil change, but thats from memory.

But Techron cannot fix everything. Severely clogged injectors need to be removed and cleaned.

Better a trade master than a jack of all trades, master of none.

Techron, Gumout Regane, Redline Sl-1

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: Donald

Better a trade master than a jack of all trades, master of none.

crackmeup2.gif
-RD

hi all!:)i Had this info not too long ago. did a google and couldnt find much other than possibly,0.1 oz, per gallon. i seem to reember reading .75oz. a gallon.

According to Chevron ( Techron FAQ's ) :

What is the difference between Techron® at the pump and Techron Concentrate Plus in the bottle?

The principal difference is additive concentration and rate of deposit clean-up. Gasolines with Techron over multiple fill-ups will help clean deposits on intake valves and minimize harmful combustion chambers deposits. When added to a full tank of gasoline, a bottle of Techron® Concentrate Plus results in an additive concentration roughly 10 times stronger. This mega-dose of Techron provides a much quicker clean up of intake valve deposits left by lower quality gasolines. In addition, the high concentration of Techron reduces combustion chamber deposits, which can help eliminate deposit-related engine knock.

Since the bottle of Techron additive, when used as directed, puts 10 times the pump gas amount into your fuel tank, then your "maintenance dose" of Techron additive should be 1/10 the amount directed by the bottle. So, if the bottle says 1 ounce/gallon, then your maintenance dose should be 0.1 ounce/gallon - or one ounce for every 10 gallons.

HTH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back