How much is a gallon of gasoline in your area right now?

The lowest I saw, back in April, was $1.37 for 87. That was at an independent station (which I'm still using -- he gets E0 gas, which is at $2.07 now).

Now Exxon and Shell, the cheapest majors, range from $1.75 to $1.89 depending on location.

we were down to $1.85 yesterday, but jumped last night/ this morning to $2.19

£1.09 for a litre of 95 RON unleaded.
£1.14 for a litre of Diesel.
so doing the conversions to standard US measures just for S's & G's...
$5.319/gal for 90 unleaded
$5.58 /gal for Diesel

there are charts online for the RON to AKI (RON+MON/2) conversion, but 95 RON is about 90.25 AKI

we were down to $1.85 yesterday, but jumped last night/ this morning to $2.19

so doing the conversions to standard US measures just for S's & G's...
$5.319/gal for 90 unleaded
$5.58 /gal for Diesel

there are charts online for the RON to AKI (RON+MON/2) conversion, but 95 RON is about 90.25 AKI

Hi
Yes we are taxed to high heaven on fuel over here. Hence why diesel is so popular for the mpg. If i lived in US my jeep would be a V8 Hemi and not diesel.

Standard unleaded is 95 RON and is 5% ethanol. You can get a super unleaded that can be anything from 97-99 RON but is much more expensive.

Diesel is 51 cetane and 7% bio. Super diesel is also available but again much more expensive.

The lowest I saw, back in April, was $1.37 for 87. That was at an independent station (which I'm still using -- he gets E0 gas, which is at $2.07 now).

Now Exxon and Shell, the cheapest majors, range from $1.75 to $1.89 depending on location.

I saw E0 at $2.55 a gallon here. I think at a Circle K

Hi
Yes we are taxed to high heaven on fuel over here. Hence why diesel is so popular for the mpg. If i lived in US my jeep would be a V8 Hemi and not diesel.

Standard unleaded is 95 RON and is 5% ethanol. You can get a super unleaded that can be anything from 97-99 RON but is much more expensive.

Diesel is 51 cetane and 7% bio. Super diesel is also available but again much more expensive.
even though they are built here, (about 1.5 hrs* north of me) Jeeps don't even have a Diesel option here (unless they've recently slipped the EcoDiesel into some)
our Regular (in my part of the country, it varies) is 87 AKI, Most stations have a Midgrade/Plus around 89 AKI, and a Super/Premium in the 91-93 AKI range. Around here, 100% of it is 10% Ethanol.
at higher elevations, regular is only 85 AKI, with 87 being the midgrade. and the mid is not a separate product normally, but a blend of the regular and premium mixed at the dispenser.. ethanol content...Varies is the best i can say... E85 is only at a handful of stations in my county, even fewer have E15 (labeled "Unleaded 88")
and one, had an E0 91 AKI for about 9 months... but it's been replaced by E10 93, which is a shame b/c I noticed ~4mpg increase with the E0 stuff.
The Vast majority of stations in my area have a 30 cent spread between the grades, meaning premium is 60 cents more than regular.

Rough AKI to RON Conversion Guide:

This guide is for a rough estimate only. Many factors will contribute:
  • 87 AKI = 91 RON
  • 91 AKI = 93 RON
  • 93 AKI = 98 RON
  • 100 AKI = 104 RON
  • 104 AKI = 108 RON

*1.5 hrs puts me around the Main Jeep plant in Toledo... but it looks like grand Cherokee's have always been built in Detroit (3 hrs north)..unless yours was made in either Austria, Venezuela, Argentina, China, or Mexico...

Northern NJ: Costco $1.99, Wawa $2.17, Sunoco, shell, Exxon are a bit higher than Wawa.

The NJ gas tax has skyrocketed in recent times. Gas is now cheaper in NY state and CT. In the old days, l would fill the tank up in NJ if going on a road trip because it was much cheaper here than most of the surrounding states. That's no longer the case. But everything is full serve here.

even though they are built here, (about 1.5 hrs* north of me) Jeeps don't even have a Diesel option here (unless they've recently slipped the EcoDiesel into some)
our Regular (in my part of the country, it varies) is 87 AKI, Most stations have a Midgrade/Plus around 89 AKI, and a Super/Premium in the 91-93 AKI range. Around here, 100% of it is 10% Ethanol.
at higher elevations, regular is only 85 AKI, with 87 being the midgrade. and the mid is not a separate product normally, but a blend of the regular and premium mixed at the dispenser.. ethanol content...Varies is the best i can say... E85 is only at a handful of stations in my county, even fewer have E15 (labeled "Unleaded 88")
and one, had an E0 91 AKI for about 9 months... but it's been replaced by E10 93, which is a shame b/c I noticed ~4mpg increase with the E0 stuff.
The Vast majority of stations in my area have a 30 cent spread between the grades, meaning premium is 60 cents more than regular.

Rough AKI to RON Conversion Guide:

This guide is for a rough estimate only. Many factors will contribute:
  • 87 AKI = 91 RON
  • 91 AKI = 93 RON
  • 93 AKI = 98 RON
  • 100 AKI = 104 RON
  • 104 AKI = 108 RON

*1.5 hrs puts me around the Main Jeep plant in Toledo... but it looks like grand Cherokee's have always been built in Detroit (3 hrs north)..unless yours was made in either Austria, Venezuela, Argentina, China, or Mexico...

Hi
It looks like we will be moving to the E10 petrol in the not too distant future here.

99 RON is the highest octane i have seen available although i do believe it is possible to get some really high octane stuff for track cars.

I always thought the Grand Cherokee was available with the 3.0 ecodiesel engine in America.

Mine is a 2008 and was built in Austria. It has the mercedes diesel in it.

There's a station not too far from me that has E0, they say, for $2.59.

I am equally skeptical of it is actually E0 as you are.

I really feel like it may have been E0 at one point in time.. but unless E0 comes in on the same truck as regular old 87/89/93 or 87/93 if pump blended (and as far as I know it does NOT) then I would be very skeptical of it actually being what is said.

I am equally skeptical of it is actually E0 as you are.

I really feel like it may have been E0 at one point in time.. but unless E0 comes in on the same truck as regular old 87/89/93 or 87/93 if pump blended (and as far as I know it does NOT) then I would be very skeptical of it actually being what is said.
The fellow with the station in Mid-City says his gas comes from a relatively small oil company in the suburbs. He only offers 87 (and diesel, also at a good price), so there is no pump blending. It's the same company that supplies the State Oil truck stop 90 octane E0.

Besides, the Buick seems to be returning better mpg numbers than before I started running this station's gas exclusively: 23-24 rather than 21-22. At first I thought, I'm dealing with less traffic going to and from work. (The mileage did not increase much if at all while I was working from home and driving mostly short trips.) But I take the same route to and from as I did in February, run the A/C just as much, have the tires at the same psi, etc. So I suspect *something* is different.

Holding steady at about $2.09 lowest I've seen to $2.13, $2.15 a gallon for 87. It was $1.88 a few days ago.

I put premium in my car so I just fueled up at $2.759 a gallon.

Let us remember that extra 9/10th of a cent.. which I do not understand.

It seems to have fallen a little bit. $2.06.

Let's see what it looks like in New England soon...

Back