How much has your auto insurance gone up/down in the last year?

BTW-in the last three years I have had 5 jabs of the so called experimental jab-with the latest being a month ago.

Still able to come on here and post reality to posts like yours.
Lol, it’s not “so called” it is an experimental jab.

As far as tuning in to news and online about the stats on increase in deaths, nowhere did I see a claim that attributed the increase in deaths to speed, reckless driving or cellphone usage.

If anything, since a lot of people were locked up, these death causes probably went down. So it looks like your reaction is purely emotional because you feel a certain way about the jab, not based on stats.

Mine went up $10/month with Geico this year. I've switched back and forth between Geico and Progressive for the past decade. Last time, I switched to Geico and paid almost 1/3 of Progressive. Now I can save almost $40/month if I switch back to Progressive :unsure:

Lol, it’s not “so called” it is an experimental jab.

As far as tuning in to news and online about the stats on increase in deaths, nowhere did I see a claim that attributed the increase in deaths to speed, reckless driving or cellphone usage.

If anything, since a lot of people were locked up, these death causes probably went down. So it looks like your reaction is purely emotional because you feel a certain way about the jab, not based on stats.
Again-you are not informed-

Again-you are not informed-

The claim of 40% of increase in deaths came from a life insurance CEO I think. Are you suggesting that car crash fatalities are directly responsible for this? From your articles, that increase was about 12%-18% for the motorists. While big, it doesn’t have a big impact on the overall population mortality, certainly not the numbers we are seeing.

Last edited:
@CKN @KrisZ

NHTSA documents projected a 15.5% increase from 2020 to 2021 to just under 43,000. Last time we had as much fatalities as 2020 was in 2007 but between 2007 and 2020, traffic fatalities were actually decreasing including per-1 million miles driven. No clue on the causes and non-fatal accidents. I suspect most folks who were driving distracted won't say what was distracting them.
  • Fatalities in speeding-related crashes up 5%
  • Fatalities in police-reported, alcohol-involvement crashes up 5%

@CKN @KrisZ

NHTSA documents projected a 15.5% increase from 2020 to 2021 to just under 43,000. Last time we had as much fatalities as 2020 was in 2007 but between 2007 and 2020, traffic fatalities were actually decreasing including per-1 million miles driven. No clue on the causes and non-fatal accidents. I suspect most folks who were driving distracted won't say what was distracting them.

The point being whatever the statistics that it wasn't caused by someone pocking a needle in your arm......to think that is the "Twilight Zone".

Reactions: Pew
Got the final numbers today from AmFam. $887/6 months vs the $1200/6 mos we were paying with State Farm. So almost $627 a year savings. And the house went down like $200 for the year.

Ohhhh I see, I thought "experimental jab" meant the insurance companies experimenting on customers with prices.

I could see how that would be a "rational" thought compared to what others are saying.

ours went up 25% id say in past 6 years, but I haven't noticing any changes in the past 2-3 years due to C19

it remains, drive an old car and carry liability ins. 🤷‍♂️

I just got my renewal and it went up $200 for a 6 month policy, new rate is $830. One car, two drivers 300/300/100...wondering if it's worth shopping around.

I just got my renewal and it went up $200 for a 6 month policy, new rate is $830. One car, two drivers 300/300/100...wondering if it's worth shopping around.
Depends if you would miss the $200.00 or not.

I bowed to big brother (USAA) and started using their Safe Pilot tracking app. It gives a base 10% discount, up to 30% for a high score. Mt policy renews in two days and the prelim shows a lowering of 10%.

On the whole my premiums have gone down over the years. I’ve had USAA since I got out of college, have bad the same cars as in my sig for a while, and haven’t had any recent claims, except for a chipped windshield.

I also use USAA for checking, home owners insurance and other things. They were not even close on mortgage rates, so they lost me there. Navy Fed was actually second in that regard (after Rocket Mortgage), but not by much and not enough to get away from NFCU, who have been great.

No-it's excessive speed, reckless driving and using cellphones while driving killing people-all facts you would know if you tuned in to the news-or online sources. BTW-in the last three years I have had 5 jabs of the so called experimental jab-with the latest being a month ago.

Still able to come on here and post reality to posts like yours.
Blood clots, Myocarditis.... Need I go on?

Last edited:
@CKN @KrisZ

I understand this, but the premiums have been steadily going up for years now, despite steady decreases in crash fatalities. So now we have two years of increased fatalities and the premiums jump up even more. Something doesn't add app. Maybe they're trying to recoup losses from somewhere else? Maybe it's juts pure corporate greed and opportunist mentality.
Who knows, but I highly doubt the answer is as simple as people speeding and being more reckless.

Insurance.JPG

Back