How much has your auto insurance gone up/down in the last year?

I do not have collision or comprehensive on my 2021 BMW motorcycle. Just too expensive. Don't ride around other people much, so I take my chances.
You don't ride on public streets? If you don't mind...how much was the cycle?

You don't ride on public streets? If you don't mind...how much was the cycle?
Where I live, it is less than 1 mile to the country roads where I ride almost exclusively. I only venture into traffic to buy gas at the E0 station. I pay $70 for liability. Full coverage was about $700 for a year. I rode 2000 miles last season. That is about 30¢ a mile just for insurance. That is why. The cycle has a current value of about $10,000. Yes I have lots of $10K's if I need a new one. At some point you have to tell these pirates NO!

Last edited:
Where I live, it is less than 1 mile to the country roads where I ride almost exclusively. I only venture into traffic to buy gas at the E0 station. I pay $70 for liability. Full coverage was about $700 for the year. I rode 2000 miles last season. That is about 30¢ a mile just for insurance. That is why. The cycle has a current value of about $10,000. Yes I have lots of $10K's if I need a new one. At some point you have to tell these pirates NO!
Thanks. I would agree insurance is a legalized numbers game.....

It’s gone up, but the premiums haven’t gone up, I’ve just added a car and a sand rail to it. It’s around $300 a month now.

Thinking about dropping collision coverage on the ‘14 Grand Cherokee, it’s $29 a month. Then raising the comprehensive deductible so I still have glass coverage.

My insurance is with Geico. My premium went from $427 to $574. Checked everywhere and quotes ranged from $496 to $896 for six months. Geico has good rates on add ons. The $496 was for very basic insurance. I have options that add up to about $80. I need to find a insurance broker.
My experience with Geico is in the east coast it was 50% less compared to the west coast.

Well I have never financed a car, and as I said I have never had collision insurance. I have always figured that if I had a wreck that was my fault, I should just take the consequences. Had one at fault minor fender bender many years ago with my old work truck. Just pounded it out and drove it that way till it got junked out. Although I have only a couple brand new cars, but several only a year old when bought. My DD today is a 2017 Nissan Frontier crew cab that I bought in 2018.

I can see you're getting flack for this, But I do the same! I have the cheapest low rent liability auto insurance I can possibly get because a vehicle has very little value to me.....I could lose any one of them & it not effect me.

My auto insurance is billed every 6 months, last renewal they raised it. If State Farm plans on hiking it again I'll be shopping and dump them if I can do better elsewhere. My loyalty is to my wallet. It should be interesting to see what happens to car and homeowners insurance in Florida after the final storm damage totals come in. I'm sure they are going to hammer the residents of the entire state of Florida for car and homeowners insurance.

The cost of being a guinea pig for an experimental jab....
No-it's excessive speed, reckless driving and using cellphones while driving killing people-all facts you would know if you tuned in to the news-or online sources. BTW-in the last three years I have had 5 jabs of the so called experimental jab-with the latest being a month ago.

Still able to come on here and post reality to posts like yours.

Mine went up.....but added a new 22 CRV and I went ahead and got a million dollar umbrella policy. With the prices of new cars these days, a typical policy won't cover 100% damage if it's your fault.

Back