How many "CATERHAM BLEND" users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Capa
I have a 1999 Lexus GS400 and have tried 0W-30, 0W-40, and 0W-20 in that order. I got some free Toyota 0W-20 because of a mess up at the dealership and so I plan to try this Caterham blend in about two months (I do yearly OCI's).

Have you measured any fuel savings during this shift from 0w-40 to 0w-20 ? Is your GS400 short tripped or mostly driven on highway ?

Originally Posted By: fpracha
Originally Posted By: Capa
I have a 1999 Lexus GS400 and have tried 0W-30, 0W-40, and 0W-20 in that order. I got some free Toyota 0W-20 because of a mess up at the dealership and so I plan to try this Caterham blend in about two months (I do yearly OCI's).

Have you measured any fuel savings during this shift from 0w-40 to 0w-20 ? Is your GS400 short tripped or mostly driven on highway ?

When I went from 0W-30 to 0W-40 the 300hp V8 felt lethargic and there was some MPG loss. When I switched to 0W-20 the car felt very peppy but the MPG was about the same as the 0W-30. I would never run 0W-40 again and this engine doesn't use any oil at all, regardless of weight (I add about 1/2 quart in a year).

Originally Posted By: Trav
Engines are designed to operate within a wide viscosity range, the fact that multi grades are spec'd proves that.

Multi-grades are spec'd to NARROW the operational viscosity range, not WIDEN it.

The ideal oil would remain at the same viscosity at all temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back