F-350 gasser with 388K oil question

Hello everyone, new member here, but I’ve been a casual reader on this forum for many years. I have a 2014 F-350 with the 6.2 V8 gasser, that has been one of the best engines I’ve had since the old 7.3 Power stroke/ international Diesel. My 6.2 has 388K miles, original engine and transmission, all highway miles. The truck has had consistent 4K mile oil change intervals, so yes , the truck was getting an oil change almost every month. Ive always just used the motorcraft 5w20. My question is, I have a ton of Pennzoil 0W40 on the shelf from my Viper ACR that I would like to Start using up. Can I use it in my F-350 at this point of its engine life ? I’m hoping to get 500K out of this truck. Thanks in advance!!

IMG_1661.jpeg

the Pennzoil 0w-40 is a excellent oil,should work fine in your truck,maybe run 5-7k + intervals,what filter are you using?

the OEM is a fine filter,fram ultras,wix xp also good,,not sure who makes the oem (motor craft filters),,purolater??

The 6.2 is a fantastic engine. I'd use the 0W-40 without hesitation. Although I am not a fan of extended oil changes. Any oil with a wide viscosity spread is likely to shear and the Penz 0W-40 is no exception. Stick with no more than 5K OCI's.

You have 388,000 miles on your 6.2 and you are asking what oil? That being said we had a 7.3 Power smoke and now my wife and daughter have a 2018 F 350 with the 6.2 gasser they use to two their Horsies around with and I run M1 0W-40 since the first oil change because I like the oil. The recommended viscosity on the 2018 is 5W-30 .

Last edited:
Hello everyone, new member here, but I’ve been a casual reader on this forum for many years. I have a 2014 F-350 with the 6.2 V8 gasser, that has been one of the best engines I’ve had since the old 7.3 Power stroke/ international Diesel. My 6.2 has 388K miles, original engine and transmission, all highway miles. The truck has had consistent 4K mile oil change intervals, so yes , the truck was getting an oil change almost every month. Ive always just used the motorcraft 5w20. My question is, I have a ton of Pennzoil 0W40 on the shelf from my Viper ACR that I would like to Start using up. Can I use it in my F-350 at this point of its engine life ? I’m hoping to get 500K out of this truck. Thanks in advance!!

View attachment 202193
Sounds to me like you just need to keep on doing the same as in the past!

Back