How many 2014-2017 SS sedan owners on here?

I have a 2015 Chevrolet SS sedan and was wondering how many others have the same car? Love mine with 3K and curious about how others felt.
DSCN2491.JPG

Chevrolet SS
The Chevy SS is the most recently departed car on this list, but enough time has past to make it a used bargain. When it was still being sold, we objected to the use of SS as the model name rather than a trim, thinking GM could have come up with something more interesting. Still, the name doesn't detract from it greatness. All cars came powered by a 6.2-liter V8 producing 415 horsepower going out to the rear wheels. The later manual transmission cars are more desirable and more expensive, but 2014 and 2015 automatic models can be found starting in the $25,000 to $30,000 range with well under 100,000 miles on the clock."

Wanted one, never bought one.

Chevrolet SS
The Chevy SS is the most recently departed car on this list, but enough time has past to make it a used bargain. When it was still being sold, we objected to the use of SS as the model name rather than a trim, thinking GM could have come up with something more interesting. Still, the name doesn't detract from it greatness. All cars came powered by a 6.2-liter V8 producing 415 horsepower going out to the rear wheels. The later manual transmission cars are more desirable and more expensive, but 2014 and 2015 automatic models can be found starting in the $25,000 to $30,000 range with well under 100,000 miles on the clock."

I shopped for a low mileage one for over 6 months. In that time I never saw one for the price range mentioned unless it was a salvage
Chevrolet SS

Wish I could have found one in the price you mentioned in the condition of mine.

Shoehorn! The stuff of legends.

I don't care what it's called or what it's origins are, that is an awesome car right there.

BMW did the same when Lexus and Infiniti backed them into a corner in the early 90s. They stuffed a V8 from the larger and heavier 7 series into the 5 series. BMW gave it a sporting nature, Lexus and Infiniti didn't.

Muscle cars were created this way, so was the Cobra. In a sedan, it becomes a do-it-all car.

"She's the last of the V8s." "Shut the gate on this one Maxie, it's the duck's guts." "She sucks nitro with phase 4 heads, 600 horsepower through the wheels! She's meanness set to music and the *itch is born to run!"

"When do we go for a ride?!"

This would have been a respectable vehicle for all the right reasons with less engine as well. Plenty of v6 options would be agile and fun in this guise as well.
Reason I brought up the 2.0 Turbo is GM put that 4 cylinder in the Cobalt SS. They've put it in several cars over the years since then. The car here is no I4 but I agree with your statement. A V6 N/A would eliminate any turbo maintenance. Does anyone know what this GM car is based on? Platform?

Reason I brought up the 2.0 Turbo is GM put that 4 cylinder in the Cobalt SS. They've put it in several cars over the years since then. The car here is no I4 but I agree with your statement. A V6 N/A would eliminate any turbo maintenance. Does anyone know what this GM car is based on? Platform?
Zeta. As is my Caprice. The joke is it is a crew cab Camaro. My Caprice is 4 inches longer than the SS. The complete front end and front doors from the SS bolt right on. There is a guy who bought a wrecked SS to fix his Caprice. The front is SS the rear is Caprice. It actually looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Back