How many 2014-2017 SS sedan owners on here?

The Chev SS is a rebadged Holden Commodore, which was sold in a myriad of variants:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Commodore_(VF)
In the USA there was only one engine variant, a LS3 6.2 V8 available. Unlike Australia. Furthermore there were only about 13K of these specific vehicles made for the USA market for the period 2014-2017, again not like all the variants in Australia.

From 2013 to 2017 an improved version of the Commodore SS V sedan was exported to the United States badged as the Chevrolet SS

Reason I brought up the 2.0 Turbo is GM put that 4 cylinder in the Cobalt SS. They've put it in several cars over the years since then. The car here is no I4 but I agree with your statement. A V6 N/A would eliminate any turbo maintenance. Does anyone know what this GM car is based on? Platform?
G8 was Zeta; not sure but I think the SS was still Zeta, possibly Alpha.

I've always wanted one of those with the 6spd and sunroof. Test drove one in 2018ish but never went through with it. Would have been a great highway hauler.

I've always wanted one of those with the 6spd and sunroof. Test drove one in 2018ish but never went through with it. Would have been a great highway hauler.
It is a very fun driving car way ahead of its time. This coming from a 1970 Chevelle SS big block driver.
SS'S 2.jpg
My 15 can even self park. LOL

In the USA there was only one engine variant, a LS3 6.2 V8 available. Unlike Australia. Furthermore there were only about 13K of these specific vehicles made for the USA market for the period 2014-2017, again not like all the variants in Australia.

From 2013 to 2017 an improved version of the Commodore SS V sedan was exported to the United States badged as the Chevrolet SS
I think your comments are pretty much right on. Wasn't the SS the end of the line for that chassis? So, presumably, it would have all the tweaks that evolve over time, lots of things, subtle things. Also, I believe the SS was built with a different CAN buss than the Australian versions had. That in itself was a major redesign. At any rate, OP, you have a spectacular example on your hands. IMO, your car sets the high water mark for being the most evolved, highest performing, best design of that chassis type.

A machine like this would bring out my maximum OCD tendencies. Do NOT drive that thing in the rain or on wet roads, and only drive it on smooth roads. And don't leave it parked outside! ....Sorry.....

I have some spectacular driving roads in my area. I'd love to have that SS out there.

Scott

Understand all that, but to say its unrelated to any other GM model is not correct. Even GM wouldn't be silly enough to tool up for a run of 13K standalone vehicles.

AFAIK the only difference between the Commodore SSV Redline and the Chev SS is the MRC dampers and memory seats, and LHD obviously. I guess you would call that improved.

For 2017 Holden did do a special edition called the SSV Redline Motorsport that did include the MRC dampers and memory seats, meaning the only difference was the steering wheel location. (y)

Understand all that, but to say its unrelated to any other GM model is not correct. Even GM wouldn't be silly enough to tool up for a run of 13K standalone vehicles.

AFAIK the only difference between the Commodore SSV Redline and the Chev SS is the MRC dampers and memory seats, and LHD obviously. I guess you would call that improved.

For 2017 Holden did do a special edition called the SSV Redline Motorsport that did include the MRC dampers and memory seats, meaning the only difference was the steering wheel location. (y)
I think you might want to check out the SS specific forums rather than go back and forth. Your own link states the vehicle was SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR THE US MARKET which I highlighted. I own one with 3K and have all the docs including production statistics. You would NOT find this particular car sold other than in the US as the SS. GM was in partnership with Holden which ended in 2017. Yes you could find the same body style (Holden) with the wheel on the passanger side in Aus. but NOT with the US drivetrain. If you own my actual US model SS please school me as I am always willingto know more about what I own. Either way I started the thread to see if others here have owned the car nothing more.

I think you might want to check out the SS specific forums rather than go back and forth. Your own link states the vehicle was SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR THE US MARKET which I highlighted. I own one with 3K and have all the docs including production statistics. You would NOT find this particular car sold other than in the US as the SS. GM was in partnership with Holden which ended in 2017. Yes you could find the same body style (Holden) with the wheel on the passanger side in Aus. but NOT with the US drivetrain. If you own my actual US model SS please school me as I am always willingto know more about what I own. Either way I started the thread to see if others here have owned the car nothing more.
Yes, a specifically made Commodore that is LHD. Holden was a division of GM, just like Chevrolet or Buick. They are the same company rather than a partnership.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "US drivetrain", but every V8 Commodore (even the base SS) from 2016 to 2017 (VFII) has a LS3, 6L80E etc

No worries cob, enjoy your SS, they're very nice cars and compete well with flashier Euros.

except he's from Australia...the home of the Chevrolet SS sedan as a Holden Commodore...where it also had a 3.0 and 3.6 V6 as well as a wagon and a Ute option...similar to the 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO...a Holden Monaro

I enjoyed my 2015 SS sedan...as well as my 2006 GTO...thanks giantkingsquid

Bill

Yes, a specifically made Commodore that is LHD. Holden was a division of GM, just like Chevrolet or Buick. They are the same company rather than a partnership.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "US drivetrain", but every V8 Commodore (even the base SS) from 2016 to 2017 (VFII) has a LS3, 6L80E etc

No worries cob, enjoy your SS, they're very nice cars and compete well with flashier Euros.
Holden, just like Pontiac, should have been kept alive by GM. It was Buick that should have gotten the axe. Australian V8 muscle sedans are much preferable to 4-cylinder Chinese versions of German estates!

He’s from Australia. Just like the G8 (non-GT and non-GXP), they came with the 3.6. The SS was the only redone Holden that didn’t have V6 power plants available.
Well minus the GTO, but I will allow it. The Caprice is built on the same platform just stretched and the 3.6 was a thing but very rare even compared to the L77/6.0 option.

Pretty sure the NJ State Police have at least one on the New Jersey Turnpike. A nice stealthy white one. Have seen it cruising the southern half of the turnpike or sitting, hiding, waiting….Always wondered who gets to drive that one…the trooper with seniority perhaps?

Back