How Long do you wait?

Now that you ask..... I was on my way to work.

While there were guys at work who could be late and get away with other stuff too; I wasn't one of them.
Like you, I foresaw an overly serious barrage of questions.
Since discretion is the better part of valor, I left the situation how I found it.
I didn't spend 10 seconds approaching, looking at and leaving the car.
I didn't touch the car or reach through the open window.
I honestly don't recall if the engine was running or not.
I get it. I have stumbled into a couple "strange" situations in the past I could not reconcile what had happened? How or why.

Now that you ask..... I was on my way to work.

While there were guys at work who could be late and get away with other stuff too; I wasn't one of them.
"Sorry I'm late, boss, there was a traffic emergency, I was seeing if an elderly lady was ok, and I suddenly became a witness in a homicide investigation."

"That's no excuse!"
:whistle:

I play it by ear on a case-by-case basis. My new rule of thumb is wait longer and not to hit the horn unless I have to. The way people are today, you can do a soft double-tap and get your car smashed with a baseball bat or worse. I’m too old to rumble, and my health isn’t great. Hopefully, I’m never involved in a situation where I have to resort to Plan B. 🫤

I wait 2-3 seconds then a quick blip of the horn, don't lay on it. There are still some crazy people with sensitive egos who carry guns. Also, there is a big difference between simply being impatient vs being intolerant of other drivers habitually not paying attention. People who continuously get distracted behind the wheel are a lot of things... inconsiderate and entitled just for starters. I would like to see traffic laws enforced more consistently.

If you're dumb enough to hold up traffic at a light because you're glued to your phone, you should get 9 millimeters of my wasted patience through your back window

Back